Monday, January 21, 2019

More Cats

I've got 11 cats here recuperating from being fixed today.  Six girls and five boys.

I have six other cats in the garage.  Five are from the KB colony, same one the 11 just fixed are from.  I've now trapped 28 cats there.

After I got home from the clinic this morning, I went back out to try to catch more.  I just want it over and done with.   I'd left a trap tied open so it couldn't spring, so they'd be used to it, although in one night?  Not so helpful.

I put my water bottle under the trap door, tied the string around its neck, backed off 20 feet to a chair, sat in the chair, waited.  I first caught an unfixed small black and white.


Next up was a gray and white. 


I wanted to catch this calico I'd seen too.

And I did catch her
Here's Camille, fixed last Wednesday.

Looking good, girl!
I know there are at least two more out there not caught and not fixed, but I was tired and I then had to go to the Griggs colony and pick up the torti.  They'd gotten her inside.  I spent a couple hours there too trying to catch the very last unfixed cat, a black male, without luck.   The adult guy there told me getting these cats fixed had been "an ordeal".  I have no idea what he meant.  I figure it was not a compliment, that's for sure. I've caught 26 cats there now.

Anyhow, after that I had to go pick up the 11 cats at the clinic, now all fixed.  I get three more of the six I have here fixed tomorrow.   They include the three I trapped at the KB colony today, the torti from Griggs and Hoodsie and Snowflake, whom I trapped before at KB and they are still waiting for spay neuter space.   I will take the torti, the calico and probably the gray and white.  The other three will have to wait longer.
Snowflake is still waiting on spay neuter space, with Hoodsie.

It was very foggy this morning. 








6 comments:

  1. Getting the cats fixed was an ordeal? Who for sunshine? It doesn't sound as if he put any noticeable effort into it.
    Love your early morning fog - and thank you, as always.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I have no idea how it was an ordeal for him. I love the fog too!

      Delete
  2. You are the queen of cat trapping! Thank you for all your hard work. And that guy sounds passive-aggressive. Ugh... Be safe in that type of fog! Yikes, my dear. I thought we had serious fog now and then off the Little Miami River. What you photographed beats just about anything I've seen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the guy was tired and has too much on his own plate right now. I do love fog, feels like a comforting blanket and a cloaking device too.

      Delete
  3. You are an expert cat trapper. I wonder how many are true ferals vs strays. I wish I could adopt that calico, such a beauty. Thank you for all you do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These were all born there, has gone on for years. I'd given the man my card twice, in past years, to get them fixed, but he never followed through. Lots have died in the meantime.

      Delete

Trip to Beach

 My Lebanon friend who gets so carsick, said she was going to the coast yesterday, did I want to go too. Of course I did.  She has to drive ...