Friday, January 25, 2019

Dead Zone

I returned the three teens fixed yesterday.  That's 28 fixed and returned out there.  I dropped off a trap for pre feeding in Lacomb.  That's another story.

End of next week's story.

I took texts from someone concerned because she no longer sees the cats her aunt fed before she died.  She's been feeding them and trying to find them somewhere to go and I was going to get them fixed a week from Monday.   I warned her about nasty cat hating people, lately some have been calling me, demanding I remove cats, owned or not who knows, from their yards.

Many people these days have zero compassion, it seems.

I suggested she talk to neighbors and snoop around a bit.

Someone I got cats fixed for, who has lived in a camp trailer with a son lately, then messaged me asking me to rehome her four or five cats since she has to go to assisted living.  This person knows I'm not an adoption group.

I was so stressed out by then.  I turned the phone off and put it in a drawer.

I'm cleaning out my filthy car currently.  Well currently I'm sitting here complaining.  Letting the carpet cleaner dry.

I think I'll just hang up on people now who want me to take their cats.  I state it clearly and yet they keep on with it. 

Sunday is the wedding.  I"ve heard it will be maybe a ten minute ceremony.   Ok. 

7 comments:

  1. Good move on putting the phone in the drawer. I do hope you get to the wedding - and enjoy it, and the celebrations afterwards.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My nephew is in a religion where they don't celebrate. No dancing or music or alcohol, not even sure if there will be food.

      Delete
    2. How sad. Everyone should celebrate.

      Delete
  2. When people are fussing at you, they are really just expressing their frustration with the situation. However, they should not be talking to anyone that way. I hope you start out with that you are a volunteer doing this in your spare time. Can you set up an answering message on your phone and screen your calls? For the time being, I think it's smart not to answer your phone. Especially during your week off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I know they are venting their frustrations. It builds on me, time after time. Usually I don't answer the phone and let it go to voicemail if an unknown number, but people now just text or message through my facebook business page. There's no stopping it. When I get exhausted, it becomes hard to even concentrate on anything. All these little messages come at my brain one after another, especially the horrible ones. I ran into animal control deputy at a convenience store. I tried to give him my card. He backed away like I was poison saying no way, no, you can have all the cat situations....and he took off. I suppose he gets way too many calls too.

      Delete
  3. Anonymous2:32 PM

    How is the weather looking?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Andrew, the weather today in the mountains was clear and sunny, beautiful in fact, about 60 degrees. In fact the wedding moved outside, since the weather was so clear and beautiful. However the valley remained shrouded in dense fog, never got out of it.

      Delete

Trip to Beach

 My Lebanon friend who gets so carsick, said she was going to the coast yesterday, did I want to go too. Of course I did.  She has to drive ...