Wednesday, December 19, 2018

A Wonderful Life

Little Sally got a home.
Little Sally

Heartland told me yesterday she was on hold for adoption.  This thrilled my heart.

Today the lady who adopted her sent me a message to confirm they took her home with them.
Again, my heart gave a jump, a thump, I can't describe it.

It makes me happy. 

Wasn't very long ago, she was doing this....
I'd left that bag there of empty cat food cans while I tried to trap adults out at her colony and Little Sally was so hungry she was inside it, when I turned around, trying to lick the cans.

Today also, the kind lady who took all five of the kittens I had prior to the five from the Griggs Road colony, sent me a photo of Rowdy and Biscuit, both formerly living behind a vacated house in Sodaville, playing on her computer desk.  Be still my heart.

The Sodaville kittens were being eaten by a predator, one by one, when I heard about them.  I went right up and got all seven still alive and the adults.   Two of the girl kittens went north to a home together.  Two more were adopted out by Heartland Humane, leaving three still in my bathroom, including Rowdy and Biscuit, the boys.  Now all five, three from Sodaville and two from Brownsville, are house cats, doing just normal cat things, like playing, and knocking things off desks, not desperate for food, or trembling as they try to hide from a predator.




Sure, I still have Jenny, Otto, Muffy and Jack from Griggs Road, but I'll get them tame enough for homes, I know, I mean they are mostly tame now.

I just thought maybe somebody out there tonight might want to share my happiness over the five, who left here a few weeks ago, now being so happy, and then that Little Sally, whom I just loved, got a great home.

8 comments:

  1. Wonderful, wonderful news. Thanks for letting us know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1:47 AM

    All good news. What a remarkable difference in Little Sally.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, she is no longer starving.

      Delete
  3. Thanks for sharing. Gives me a good smile to start my day. All of our cats were from rescue organizations and we sent photos and reports back several times to let them know how the cats were doing. I hope our reports made them as happy as they have made you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rescue types live for photos to know some rescue they put their heart out to help is now happy. So I am quite sure your reports were taken with happiness.

      Delete
  4. What wonderful news! I'm so happy for you and all involved. Take care, my dear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is good news for me and the kitties.

      Delete

End of Warmth

 We had some nice days.   But the heat is gone. We'll be in the 60's again for awhile, with perhaps some drizzle. I love the heat.  ...