Tuesday, May 22, 2018

Still Dragging but Another Busy Day

It was another busy day that got off to a slow start since I was already tired out.

I finally got Strawberry, the Lebanon boy fixed yesterday, returned maybe at 10:30 or so.  Then it was off to Brownsville.  Diana had gone to a neighbors since their old pug ended up in her yard.  And while there, saw their cat.  The cat had a terribly inflamed swollen eye.  She called me, took a photo, talked to the woman.  It's her daughters cat.  Her daughter is in jail however and she was tasked with caring for her.  The condition of that eye made it an emergency.

We tried to think of affordable solutions and the only one that came up was relinquishment to Meow Village.  They would immediately get the cat vet care.  So she agreed to it.  So I went down to Brownsville after returning Strawberry to Lebanon, picked up the poor kitty, then drove her to Salem.  She was whisked off immediately to the vet, is now on pain meds and her eye will be removed on Thursday.



I got back home and I just wanted to kick back in a lounge chair in the yard and stare blankly into space.  But I still had to return Sophie and Max, the two Lebanon boys.  I finally got myself to get going and do that.  She has a home for Sophie, who is really a boy and we set him up in the guys apartment.  Sophie used to free roam it before so, should be ok.  And we let Max out, who turned around and wanted petted.  These are two tame strays, but now they're fixed and going to be a lot better off.

Then I get a call from the Lebanon man tasked with catching his deceased mom's cats, so her house can be sold.  he had Buttons under the drop trap.  He was nervous about transferring her into a trap, so I went and did it.  She's here now.
This is Buttons, taken back in 2013, when I trapped them for her to be fixed.  I haven't taken a new photo because I"m too worn out.

All five are now caught. Four, Ivy, Blackie, Sylvester and Nightnight, are already at Meow Village.  I'll drop Button off tomorrow, on the way to Wilsonville.  Animal Rescue and Care Fund is taking on Gigi and her five kittens.  I'm really happy about that.   And tomorrow Sly goes home too. I hope he'll do ok, after his eye surgery.

So all will be back to "normal" here with all extras moved on.  At least for now.  Til the next ones come in.   No fixing appointments for two weeks, so a bit of a break.

6 comments:

  1. Thank you for all you do. I am very glad that you are getting a big of break - but won't hold my breath that it stays that way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not holding my breath either on it.

      Delete
  2. Anonymous11:42 PM

    Our ages now are a very good reason to not acquire a young caat or dog. I hate to think of what may happen to them if something happened to us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How could anyone not see that poor cat needs emergency care? Grrr... I don't know how you do this without your head exploding. ~hugs~ I hope you're enjoying a well deserved rest, such as it is. Knowing you, you're *not* resting on your laurels but working on something or other. ~grin~ You're so industrious, it never fails to impress me. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes it wants to explode that's for sure. It is hard for me to "take it easy". I want badly to be out on the lake in my raft.

      Delete

Dog in the Road

 I went to get groceries yesterday morning fairly early. I was expecting visitors, brief ones, pop in and out, so I wanted to get done with ...