Sunday, September 24, 2017

The Sweetest Kitten in the World

I'm not kidding about the post title.

Ellie is the best.

She went from this........

In this photo, taken by a concerned citizen, Ellie is crouched along a curb in the mall parking lot.

To this......
Ellie in my foster cage this morning.



Ellie is cuddly, playful, loving, fun.  She's just wonderful.  This morning I took her, along the with Lebanon family, the mom and six kittens, up to Animal Rescue and Care Fund.  Click here to visit ARCF's facebook page. Go adopt them all!

Let them know they are not trash and wanted.  Give them great homes.

Kate, the torti I trapped in the parking lot too, now with the bird lady, is doing great.  Evelyn left me a message this morning.  She's gaining weight and the bird lady says, has 24/7 access to lots of food, since she was so starved.  She's happy, the bird lady said in her message, which made me get emotional.




I also trapped four cats, including mom, over at a new colony, which is behind the Albany colony.  When I heard the mom was gray, I was happy.  The Albany colony man, who wasn't that involved in helping with the cats, had told me about the gray skinny mom, rarely there but who had had many many litters.  I never met her.  Until last night.  She's now in the garage, along with three of her last litter of all blacks.  There's one more to catch.  I was sick last night when trapping, couldn't bend over without a work out to keep from vomiting.   But I still caught four, at least.

All of them but mom are going to my friend who places barn cats.  Mom will go back, since she is older and has lived around there all her life and the woman feeding her is trying to make a house pet of her.  No photos yet.

Onward.

4 comments:

  1. All lovely. And thank you.
    I hope your sickness has gone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, all over with by this morning.

      Delete
  2. I hope you feel better today and Ellie and the others find homes. You have certainly given them a good chance at that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job! And I'm so glad you're feeling better. Be well, my dear.

    ReplyDelete

The Blues

 The blues have taken hold.  The weather turned to crap after two decent days.  Well only one of those days turned out warm, without the win...