Monday, January 16, 2012

21 Icey Degrees



It is freezing outside here in Oregon. It's 21 degrees out where I live. Brrrrrr!

The snow that fell yesterday is now frozen solid on the roadways.

Last night, it was "try something new" night here. So I made spinach ravioli, from scratch. That's right, I made and chilled pasta dough, cut it, and stuffed it with my homemade stuffing of spinach, ricotta and Parmesan cheese and mushrooms.

I was awkward on forming the pastas themselves but they came out, if not perfectly formed, great tasting. Once stuffed, I boiled them until they floated, sauced and ate them. Oh, forgot to mention, sauce from scratch also.

The hardest part: I have no rolling pin, so I had to roll the dough using my fists in a rolling motion.

My first time, making pasta dough and stuffed pasta. It was SO fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hot Smoke

 Yes, its hot and smokey here. Like most of Oregon these days. Wildfire smoke from our own fires, add in the WA state fires, has settled in ...