Saturday, October 09, 2010

No Sounding Board. Upset Over the City E-mail

I am upset and don't know what to think, over the city e-mail, and Safehaven's apparent attempts to wrestle the cat grant from Poppa Inc.

It makes me want to cry.

I know the board members of Poppa Inc. They're not paid like Safehaven workers are. Poppa's president fosters more cats than Safehaven has. I don't really know what transpired in the meeting between the mayor and Safehaven's director. I only know I got an e-mail from the city staff person suggesting I become a Safehaven volunteer, talking about the meeting between Safehaven's director and the mayor, and asking if I would drop Poppa Inc and instead work with Safehaven.

Yeah, right, like that's going to happen. I've not had any good experiences with Safehaven, you see. I fought with them when I moved here, to get them to fix kittens and puppies, who would go out, adopted unfixed, to reproduce. That wasn't pretty but they needed to change. They did, finally.

There's been so many things. They're paid people, and they want me to work my butt off unpaid, as their volunteer, while they rake in their salaries? They want the cat grant.

I just get devastated by such things, to feel manipulated, used, unappreciated, backstabbed. I don't have a lot of people skills. I have no money or big power. I'm really good at trapping cats and rounding up cats who need fixed, however. I have no idea what they really said there. To talk like that, without even including me, to expect me to drop my allegiance to people who believe as I do , who have always worked their butts off, unpaid, to help animals, ain't going to happen.

I sent an e-mail to the mayor. I described exactly how to solve overpopulation in this county. I described my history with Safehaven in the end, to emphasize why I have allegiances to Poppa Inc. and their foresight, and none to Safehaven and why.

I don't know what will happen. If I get dropped, I will work harder to move to somewhere I can use my skills for good and not have to deal with such horrors.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ten Extras

 I have ten extra cats in my garage. Nine are in traps, just brought over from the Scravel colony.    They are almost all orange tabbies, wi...