Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Quick and Easy. 9 Cats up Being Fixed at Humane Society of Willamette Valley spay neuter clinic

All my worries about using this clinic fast faded. It was quick and easy and they are very nice folks running it. I took in nine cats to be fixed from four situations. Click post title to go to their website. They do general public cats and dogs, feral cats too, at very reasonable rates. No excuses now not to fix your dogs, cats, kittens, puppies and feral cats.

I was helping a couple between Albany and Lebanon who feed strays. They trapped all they know they feed: two huge males, one of whom looks to me to be FIV positive, a blue female and her one surviving kitten (all black), at least they think it's the only survivor. Then one tame kitten, abandoned with him mother, now deceased.

They live at the edge of a busy road. An orange and white mom cat with kittens was dumped off there, but the orange and white mom did not survive. If there were more kittens, they didn't either. One male orange tux did survive but he has to live outside even though he is tame, because they have tons of dogs who would kill him.

They used to be dog breeders but quit when they could no longer sell the dogs or find decent adoptors. They have resigned to caring for over a dozen dogs still left for life, but only one is fixed, so they have to be kept seperate and often crated.

I am trying to find help for them in getting all those dogs fixed, but money is scarce and sympathy for a breeder's plight won't be easily forthcoming.

So, at least all the stray cats they also feed will be fixed. Five of them.

I trapped one of the two kittens at the rural trailer colony and it, an all black, is being fixed today.

The other two kittens, a torti and a black tux long hair male, from N. Albany, are up being fixed. That leaves one orange kitten and one male up there needing caught. That is, unless the young Siamese's kittens survive. If she shows up with them, they'll need caught and fixed, too.

The ninth cat is an abandoned chocolate point Siamese male from Albany.

I am beyond tired, but really happy I've been able to get so many cats in lately. Please remember, every dime you donate to Poppa Inc. goes into fixing cats. Donate at www.poppainc.org. This is an unbelievably effective way to help cats in this area.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Park

 I went to the park yesterday with my friend.  I was aching for human contact.  She goes every day and so I left my car at her place and rod...