Saturday, September 05, 2009

Neighbors Getting to Me

The little kids were out most of the day screaming their heads off. They cannot exist seemingly without screaming. When they're not out screaming, the puppy is out there whining at the top of his lungs. I'm just about to go nuts. You can here the chaos clear inside the house.

I don't know what to do. The parents are home and obviously don't care what their little kids do or how the nonstop extreme noise affects anyone else.

What is up with that?

It's very frustrating. There's no way to appeal to parents when they let their kids behave that way, because they are right there letting it go on. The constant high pitched screaming is hard to take.

I love kids, but not little monster misbehaved out of control unparented kids. Kids who grow up like that are those who later inhabit the night streets and are constantly in and out of jail.

If they can't control them, it's not like they couldn't apply to be on Super Nanny or something. Think I'll send them an application for that show.

Part of me, when I hear those wild animal kids out back, wishes I could have screamed my head off as a child, destroyed things, and behaved any way I wanted, been free! But back when I grew up, neighbors would have just come and talked to my parents if I had behaved like that. Then I would have gotten a lecture and the crap beaten out of me, sent to my room without dinner for maybe a week. And maybe I would have been spanked by the neighbor I was disturbing, too. Those things happened back then. Not so much now.

4 comments:

  1. I wish I could offer something more useful, but all I can think to say is that winter will be coming soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. then its a good thing we don't live that way anymore.....when those things happened. Not that lack of discipline is good - but there are ways of achieving it without resorting to violence. My kids are two great ones who don't do drugs, scream, act like hooligans, etc. yet I never ever once hit them. Its amazing what a little time and prevention can do to turn out decent human beings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super Nannies techniques are very cool and she really helps turn things around for parents who don't have any idea how to parent. Some parents on that show are so desperate and their kids are holy terrors. Usually the parents have issues, and Jo, the super nanny, helps them identify the issues, too. She's very good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous idea... to give the parents an application for Super Nanny! I am having the same problem with my neighbors - kids screaming from morning until late night (shouldn't 4 and 5-year olds be in bed by 10pm?!), and the parents say absolutely nothing to ask the kids to quiet down. I have come so very close to snapping and yelling something not-so-nice out my window. Good luck to you... I feel your aggravation!

    ReplyDelete

Round Up

Today is cat round up for tomorrow's five spots.  Two more came up from the vet student in Harrisburg late this morning.  Over 60 fixed ...