Thursday, July 02, 2009

Torti Kitten in Dire Straits

The little torti has been struggling since her spay. I thought it was her heart, but, then I discovered hard feces all along her intestinal path and enlarged kidneys. She is impacted with stool!

She was eating like there was no tomorrow after coming here. Now she's so backed up that likely the hard stool is compressing her uretor between her kidneys and the hard stool, which can kill cats and kittens and does kill cats and kittens.

I've been trying to milk the hard stool out with some success and she's going to the vet at four. She's needs an enema and perhaps her kidneys drained or she will not live. I have been giving her warmed catlax, and tiny lubrications rectally, and that is how I milked out two large compacted hard stools.

I couldn't figure out why she'd seem fine, then be down, but I've seen this before, in backed up adult cats. It's ugly and painful and I hope she pulls through.

My Matilda adoptor called, apologetic. Her holiday guests arrived a day early unexpectedly, and so she couldn't make the drive up. She will be here Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dashing

 Got a message this morning.  Was I even really awake yet?   The weather has been really winterish, with winds, pouring rain, cold, even thu...