Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Kimo Leaving Tomorrow

I had a hit off a remote site that AdoptaPet automatically uploads cats for adoption to, from a WA couple interested in Kimo. I was thrilled! They check out completely. I called their vet reference too and despite the fact Kimo may be catching the cold going around here, tomorrow he is leaving for a home in WA. We'll miss him for sure.

In addition, SafeHaven has offered to put the three kittens from Crabtree into their foster care system. I am hesitant. I'm waiting to hear from Christiana. I am rather protective of them now and concerned for them. In a way, I'd rather find them homes myself, once I've assumed the responsibility.

I think SafeHaven probably does about the same adoptee screening I do, i.e. calling a vet reference, making sure they have no unfixed pets in the household and that a landlord allows them pets. I also provide informational sheets on common parasites and vaccinations the cat will need and if the person asks, a guide to local vet clinics. I have found widespread ignorance about common parasites among cat owners in the mid valley.

I am however not willing to turn over unfixed kittens to SafeHaven as they have been adopting out kittens unfixed and that drives me insane.

UPDATE: I softened when SafeHaven called here and said if I brought them tonight, they would take all three.

Kimo is leaving tomorrow morning, heading all the way to WA state. And the couple who adopted Snowman, a stray who showed up here, in my yard, whom I'd gotten fixed a year before that, over on Lyons, have expressed an interest in Sam. They're a really great couple and he would be well cared for and well loved there. So, I am crossing my fingers.

The next cat I want to focus on finding a home for is the disabled nearly blind Stinod.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dog Days Behind a 7-11

 I spent five or six hours Saturday night behind the 7-11 again, after unfixed cats there. Woohoo, what an exciting life I live.  Wow.  I be...