Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Kimo Leaving Tomorrow

I had a hit off a remote site that AdoptaPet automatically uploads cats for adoption to, from a WA couple interested in Kimo. I was thrilled! They check out completely. I called their vet reference too and despite the fact Kimo may be catching the cold going around here, tomorrow he is leaving for a home in WA. We'll miss him for sure.

In addition, SafeHaven has offered to put the three kittens from Crabtree into their foster care system. I am hesitant. I'm waiting to hear from Christiana. I am rather protective of them now and concerned for them. In a way, I'd rather find them homes myself, once I've assumed the responsibility.

I think SafeHaven probably does about the same adoptee screening I do, i.e. calling a vet reference, making sure they have no unfixed pets in the household and that a landlord allows them pets. I also provide informational sheets on common parasites and vaccinations the cat will need and if the person asks, a guide to local vet clinics. I have found widespread ignorance about common parasites among cat owners in the mid valley.

I am however not willing to turn over unfixed kittens to SafeHaven as they have been adopting out kittens unfixed and that drives me insane.

UPDATE: I softened when SafeHaven called here and said if I brought them tonight, they would take all three.

Kimo is leaving tomorrow morning, heading all the way to WA state. And the couple who adopted Snowman, a stray who showed up here, in my yard, whom I'd gotten fixed a year before that, over on Lyons, have expressed an interest in Sam. They're a really great couple and he would be well cared for and well loved there. So, I am crossing my fingers.

The next cat I want to focus on finding a home for is the disabled nearly blind Stinod.

2 comments:

  1. Great news! Thanks for the info on what you do to check on potential homes -- I'm going to keep those tips in mind.

    And great that safehaven is taking your three, and wonderful of you, as always, to be so concerned and to be following up on the fixing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. great for Kimo. I know you'll miss the little rascal, but a loving home is a good thing. YOu must have gotten snowman before I knew you - how old was he? the couple who adopted him - is he an indoors cat? I just want to know before you place Sam with them - you know he's been a favourite of mine!

    ReplyDelete

Sunday

 Sunday I was so slow getting going after the late night Saturday. But after cleaning litterboxes, giving KMR to kittens, feeding the ferals...