Thursday, August 28, 2008

Four Cats being Fixed Today

Four cats are up being fixed today. I didn't think I'd get one of the 6th street ones picked up, because the darn train crossing 6th, then parking on the tracks, just sitting there. This is common in Albany. Albany is really a big switching yard. The people in the house, when I finally got there, by driving all the way around, said it's frustrating and the railroad seems to enjoy tying things up during rush hour, something I have noticed also. But I finally got the cat. I had to stand outside and yell "I am here to pick up your cat. This is the last chance." And, finally, "I'm leaving." At this point someone rushed out of the back, with the cat in a carrier.

Another female comes from another house farther north on 6th. He said "she came home" whatever that meant. A few months ago, I got about 8 fixed there. Now there's this female and her kittens, just weaned.

The other two being fixed are the preggie tame brown tabby from the doomed Millersburg situation and a gray tabby on white feral from same location.Pregnant tame abandoned brown tabby, from the doomsday Millersburg colony.
The Millersburg feral gray tab on white.
This is the female "who came back" from a farther north 6th street household, where I've gotten about 8 cats fixed. Now there are her kittens also in need of fixing. They too have just been weaned.
6th street female, being spayed today. She'd had three kittens. I already got three teen males, two adult males and three adult females fixed from this one Albany household alone. Two of the three now weaned kittens, from this female, died, after their son sprayed a room, where the kittens were living, with bug spray, while his parents were gone.

3 comments:

  1. Hmmm, I wonder if that tame girl in the top photo would stay in my yard? I hate the thought of a tame one going back there -- at least the ferals will avoid people.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's super friendly, used to other cats, probably would stay in your yard. But, would Molly let her eat?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could make here a place on the other side of the house -- away from the carport.

    ReplyDelete

Ten Extras

 I have ten extra cats in my garage. Nine are in traps, just brought over from the Scravel colony.    They are almost all orange tabbies, wi...