Friday, July 04, 2008

Wilberger Plea Deal

I read the DA is after a plea deal for that monster man, who killed Brooke Wilberger. That's because they want him to give up where he left her. It just makes me sad to even say those words. It affected me, her kidnapping, her disappearance, because I lived close by and I can't stand it when a cat goes missing, let alone someone's child. I so badly wanted a happy ending for that family.

So anyhow, I understand them wanting to bring her home. That woman in New Mexico or Arizona, wherever it was, that he also kidnapped and raped, well she wouldn't be alive if it weren't for some woman, who saw her, and got her into their van. She'd escaped from him and ran naked and terrified and tried to get help in a bar full of asshole men who wouldn't help her. These women, two daughters and their mom, in a van, saw her naked and one of the daughter's said, "we have to help her" and they got her inside the van with them. Then they were circled by that monster, in his van. Can you imagine the courage it took those women? Heroes.

Nobody was there to help Brooke Wilberger.

Gosh, that just is horrible. I'd like to scratch that man's eyes out myself. I would.

Anyhow, a couple years after it happened I got this call from Doris of KATA. Some tourist had seen this cat and wanted it helped, along the road. And Doris was too tired and going to the funeral of some family member and would I go check it out. I was too tired, too, but I finally went. I had the wrong place at first, but then I called the tourist and began tracking the alleged white cat. I never saw the cat but I found tracks and then I ran into all this stuff, some of it buried, with tire tracks deep in the muddy field to the woods there nearby.

There was a log and under, a sweatshirt. Once was a shade of blue, but it was faded and rotted. Then there was a buried plastic bag of stuff. I freaked. Something totally freaked me about all that. I guess I was thinking of Brooke Wilberger and wondering if this was where she was and I just bolted, running off, not stopping. Maybe just because I was so tired out. Absolutely totally exhausted. I hope that was it.

If Monster Man takes a plea deal and leads them right there, oh I'd be freaked. I did call it in, but they never called back. I was glad, really, because I figure it wasn't anything to do with what happened to her. I figured, I was just tired out and this was somebody likely buried some trash back in there, and one piece of the trash they left was a faded blue sweatshirt. I wanted so that she'd be found and that contributed probably, even though it was awhile later, probably still on the back of my mind. I wondered then, if she'd ever had a white cat, and maybe the cat now was wanting her found, but that was just tired out thinking. Dumb thinking. Wishful thinking that she could be found finally, and her family could rest.

I've meant to go back there, see what it all really was, buried there, but I never have, because I didn't want to do it alone. I never went back and now I won't, because the guy's taking a plea and going to tell them where he did what he did to that young woman. It won't be there I know, where I was tracking that white cat.

Forever now, the taxpayers of Oregon will support a man, if he takes a plea, who killed a bright and shining laughing young woman, a loved daughter. The images of those anguished parents, how hard for them that must have been. All of Corvallis and me, too, wanted the end of the search to be happy. But it wasn't.

A monster had come to town.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sun Coming

 Sun is supposed to come to us finally here in Oregon.   It's been pouring last few days, today included. At first, the weather stations...