Friday, July 25, 2008

Update on Kitten with Throat Torn Out

<

Where is Buster now? Buster was the young teen I trapped late last fall, who had that horrible injury to hs throat. Well, he and his sister did go home with the kind seed warehouse man and his wife. They took him to their vet and Buster slowly healed from his throat wound. He faced another challenge however, when he was diagnosed with a heart murmur.

At the advice of their vet, the couple took him to a cardiologist at the OSU vet school, who said he had not one, but two holes in his heart. The doctor recommended open heart surgery, but had never done such a surgery before. He said without the surgery, Buster's heart would enlarge and he would live only a couple of months.

Well, the couple opted against the surgery. Now months later, Buster is still doing just fine and a recent X-ray of his heart showed no enlargement at all. This is one poignant tale that still brings tears to my eyes to think about it.

I remember how the man even called workers, when gone for Thanksgiving last year, just before I trapped Buster, to make sure someone was feeding him at the warehouse. This is a man who used to hate cats.

I trapped him right after that and when I lifted the cage cover to look at the teenager, I saw the horrendous injury to his throat and recoiled. I didn't think he would live. But he did and look at Buster now.Buster healing.




5 comments:

  1. Yay! What a wonderful story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh... so sweet. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. you did excellent! buster looks great!! i'm so happy for both of you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhh, finally a happy ending. What nice people to take him in. I love the picture of the cats in the catbed. That's what it's all about. Thanks, Strayer for what you do. K

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love happy endings. He looks so content with his people, who are huge animal lovers! His sister is the all gray one. I trapped her also, there at the seed warehouse.

    ReplyDelete

Trip to Beach

 My Lebanon friend who gets so carsick, said she was going to the coast yesterday, did I want to go too. Of course I did.  She has to drive ...