Thursday, April 17, 2008

Excrutiating

Living with a constant toothache, for months, has been an interesting experience. I still have almost a month to go before the appointment, that was pushed back due to a horrible accident the dentist scheduled to pull it, suffered at the Portland airport. He is suffering far more than I am, however.

Tonight, the pain is unbelievable. I am trying to pretend I like pain. Problem is, I don't. What else can one do?

The problem is there is just one dentist in town, who pulls teeth and accepts my dental insurance and so that office is overloaded. Hence the long wait. But I'm near wits end over the pain, which is really very hard to take, day in and day out. Tonight, I just want to kill the pain somehow. I accidentally touched the tooth.

I'm trying to be optimistic but it's wearing at me, wearing at me badly. I've lived with this for months and it has only gotten worse. I should have pulled it myself long ago.

Oh my gosh it hurts.

1 comment:

  1. Does he not recognize it as an emergency? Call him and tell him it HAS to be pulled out and yesterday~!! You could always try picketing his practice or do what some people do to some doctors (just show up and a good practitioner will try to fit you in.) Go to the office and explain that you cannot possibly live with this any longer, it needs to be done and if there are cancellations or any time at all, you will wait. Bring a book. (tho put it in your purse, lol You do not want them to know you will wait forever!).

    What about the ER? Here, it is actually almost better for someone with a low income to have a tooth ache on the w/e or when dental offices are closed since the dentist on call has to see certain patients and there is a set fee which is usually lower than most dentists would regularly charge. (Dental coverage is not covered by our national health care but is by insurance and there are varying types; some are just covered for emergencies, some are 100% covered and some 80%, it is a real hodge podge.) Anyway - did not mean to get offtrack.

    but tooth infections can cause other problems so tell him you already have medical problems and are trying to be a good medical consumer and prevent more!

    Good luck!!

    ps I am not the best one to offer this advice- I loathe going to the dentists and usually end up going when it is worse but actually now that I have my pediatric dentist I am OK, lol

    ReplyDelete

Kittens Galore

 I went to return two of the three I took to the clinic yesterday.   The third, Drake, the tame already fixed male, the workers at the Villa...