Friday, April 11, 2008

Drop Your Religion, lady. It's Hurting You.

I returned the three cats to the Albany extended family this evening. One turned out to have been already fixed, but, because it was long ago, no spay scar, the full price was charged. The vet had to open her up to find out she was already spayed.

Of the other two, one was pregnant and one was in heat. The people had told me this was not a possiblity, pregnancy that is, because they'd kept them all seperate.

When I returned the three cats to the household, abuzz with kids who have kids, and the grandmother, who is on Social Security, but is younger than I am, so it must disability she's on, told me in outrage, that I should not have had her spayed if pregnant that she didn't believe in that because of her religion.

She certainly must believe in breeding, that's for sure, everything, from kids the state supports, along with their kids, to cats she can't afford to fix herself. I almost said that to her.

I tried to explain overpopulation. I tried to tell her I had believed her when she said the cat couldn't be pregnant. I tried to tell her that there are so many unwanted kittens born that people who let their cats have kittens actually contribute to killing kittens and adults. All she would say was "Well then my religion and beliefs involve killing kittens, but I would never abort fetuses."

I gave up and left. I mean what do you say. I did say "You got several hundred dollars worth of free services in six fixes, plus my time and gas." No thank you's forthcoming. Just dirty looks and a door slammed in my face.

There were four pregnant cats fixed today. About twenty kittens aborted. Yesterday, another six were aborted of the 8 I took in, with only one female pregnant. Tuesday, of the 14 I took in, five were adult females. One was lactating. The other four were pregnant, aboout 23 kittens more there. These are just the cats I take in. Can you imagine if all those kittens were born, how many would need homes and there are not enough homes now.

Some people need to dump their religion or at least their quasi religious beliefs because it's hurting them and the planet.

Like fetus love. Dead kittens aren't cute, ok? Let those kittens live, and other kittens or adults don't get homes and die or get dumped. Sorry lady, but being pro life these days means being pro abortion. For cats, at least. I would guess the numbers are similar with the world human population. Too many people.

And she's yelling her beliefs at someone who went out of her way to help her out of the bind she got herself into.

Not nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Last Trip to Lake?

 I went to the lake yesterday.  It was supposed to get up to near 80 by late afternoon.  I checked the reservoir level first, to make sure I...