Monday, March 24, 2008

Butt Weary

Do you like that term, "butt weary"? I made it up. I am dragging tonight.

I think about 80 or 85 cats were fixed over at the Neuterscooter clinic today. I took in 11, six of them ferals.

Five of the ferals were from Tattoo Prairie, one of them, maybe both of the females from there were pregnant. The other three were boys.

And, the big surprise of those five from Tattoo Priarie, one of the three brown tabby tuxes, the littlest, was already neutered. How'd that occur? I suppose someone dumped him off there, or, he wandered in after being abandoned, maybe followed other cats to the food, desperate and hungry. Poor little guy.

He's about six months of age, but very underweight and sickly (wormy) for his age. No longer. We wormed him. He got treated like a king, that little stray boy. And he deserved such treatment.

I'm bone weary, I tell you, can barely keep my eyes open. My back hurts, too. But it was a good day.

The sixth feral is Benton County all the way, trapped by the FCCO coordinator, who was too hurried with meetings for his work to pick him up so I did. He's big and hairy and angry and beautiful. He went in under my reservations, even though I was one over.

The other five, tame and owned in Albany. Four were females and one a male. I had saved up my change for a long time. Then I cashed it in. I was able to cover these five cats then for that Albany woman, in desperate need of this help.

So anyhow, a good day for the cats I have to say. And I am taking a very long sleep. Goodnight from me and the cats.

No comments:

Post a Comment

FCCO Trip on Half Decent Day

 Yesterday, early morning, I headed to FCCO with ten cats from the Scravel colony.   I don't get any records with the FCCO.  They are se...