Monday, March 24, 2008

Humongous Beautiful Cat

This is the ninth cat the caretakers of Spicer Red colony have caught. When they called to say she was in a trap Saturday, I went and got the cat and ran her all the way to Rickreal, where the Neuterscooter was holding a Saturday clinic, only to find out she is already spayed. The vet believes she was spayed young, because she achieved such massive size. Getting a cat spayed or neutered as a kitten, she has found, and me also, can result in very large cats.

This female is HUGE, and beautiful. She is a long hair torti, with a very raspy funny snarly meow, that is just her. Spicer Red caretakers don't think this cat belongs to any neighbors, but I have not been able to get them to go door to door.

The bizarre thing about the cat is that when I got home with her, she acted very agitated. I put a dish of food in the trap, not knowing if the cat was feral or tame at this point, and she literally gulped the whole can of food down. I put in a plate with a second can of food. She gulped down that food within moments also. She didn't slow on the third can, but finally did on the fourth. This cat was starved.

After eating, she was happy. I put her into a rabbit hutch in my bedroom, unsure of what to do with her. If the folks who trapped her won't go door to door, althougth that would involve only asking about three houses if they own her, what should I do? I don't feel right turning her back into a feral colony, if she has a home, perhaps, or could get one.

What I have discovered of late is that more owned cats are trapped or grabbed by cat hating neighbors and dumped elsewhere, even in different cities, than by owners themselves. A woman just old me of a Lebanon man, who traps or grabs owned cats, starves them for a week, then dumps them in another city. He starves them so they'll run to somebody's door, looking like waifs and so hungry they'd eat bugs. Another man living on Knox Butte allegedly does the same.

What turns people into such assholes, I wonder, such heartless zombies? Is that what happened to this sweet torti, some cat hating control freak asshole trap and abuse her, then dump her?

Well anyhow. There are a lot of horrible people out there. A lot of mean violent mother fuckers, miserable and intent on hurting anything they can. Often such people are cowards and because they are cowards, they enact violence and abuse on people and animals much smaller than they are, to ensure the fight isn't fair. That is the calling card behavior of cowards.


Tattoo Prairie cats. The tabby on the right is fixed while the tabby on the left is not. However, the tabby on the left is currently in a trap in my car and will be fixed today.
Black male and brown tab male, both now fixed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ten Extras

 I have ten extra cats in my garage. Nine are in traps, just brought over from the Scravel colony.    They are almost all orange tabbies, wi...