Saturday, March 01, 2008

Birthday

Today is officially my birthday. Today I will take no cat calls. That's right. No cat calls today. I am changing the message on my machine today to one of me singing Happy Birthday to Me. The song will end with the line, "Happy Birthday dear Jooooodddddeeee. Todaaaay is cat freeeee."

Yesterday, seven cats were fixed. Five of those cats were females. One was an owned female, one of six I took in for fixing from the Davidson/Salem street area of Albany. All six of those cats are now fixed.

One of the cats fixed was an abbytabby male all the way from Springfield.

The other five were among ten or twelve abandoned outside Lebanon by a renter. One neighbor wanted to shoot the cats and may have shot one of them, who was found dead with intestines hanging out, like with a shotgun blast. Two other neighbors wanted to help them. Any left alive get to go to a Lacomb area barn, after being fixed. I trapped five of them Thursday night. Four of the five were females.

Deputies called about the abandoned cats refused to do anything. Well anyhow, I won't get into complaining again about this lame county. No sense to complaining about it.

The HTN old man also trapped one of the final three cats left unfixed that he feeds, using my remote control selective trap. It's the little skinny brown tabby gimp. She can't use one rear leg and hasn't been able to, the old man says, since she was a kitten. Still needing caught here: one of two black long hairs and a torti.

So the brn tab gimp is now in a rabbit hutch in my spare bedroom. He'll be fixed next week. Will have to return, too, to HTN, because I just can't take on more cats and have no place for him to go.

Then the ladies trapping at the Slophouse colony on the street adjoining the HTN caught one of the last three needing fixed there, the brown tabby male. Still needing caught there: a black long hair and a dark brown tabby on white male.

I returned the four Corvallis cats yesterday who were fixed Wednesday. I took up the two bobtail sisters to the university professionals house and left their trap. I had left a message before going up, that I would be returning their cats and trap, but the message was never returned. I got up there and no one was home. I left their trap and released the cats and filled the cats food and water dishes. They did not call later in the day either.

You know, a simple thank you from those people wouldn't fucking kill them. They didn't donate a dime either. He's a professor at the university.

I returned the Whitey2 male. Those folks were not home either, but the food dish on the porch was full. I had told them how much the neighbors disliked their cats coming and eating on their porch and asked they feed the white cats more. I donated them a bag of food, too. And they are feeding them more. They don't complain, even though their neighbors male comes and eats on their porch.

Then I took the DD female back and let her out at the duplexes and filled the food dish on their porch, too. There is one more cat to catch there--a short hair black tux.

After picking up the seven fixed yesterday and returning one of them to her caretaker down along Davidson street, I came home. My stomach was hurting badly. I had felt like I was going to fall over when shopping at Winco earlier, after returning the Corvallis cats.

Also the nerve on that tooth is again inflamed. Last night, it was hurting very badly. I told someone on the phone, when you still eat when it hurts like fire to do so, that's a real bad sign your diet is going to go nowhere. Having an inflamed tooth should be a great diet aid.

I came home, ate a small dinner, and fell asleep on my couch, which is not really very fun. It's not a comfortable couch and messes up my neck and back when I do that. I just woke up now, at 7:15 a.m. Saturday morning.

I miss my camera very much. My kitchen sink is plugged up because the garbage disposal no longer works. I'm feeling old and fat and alone. I am feeling depressed I suppose to be alone on my birthday. For some reason, it seems to be in our society that you decide how loved or wanted you are, as a gauge, by whether you are with family or friends on Christmas or your birthday. I got over the Christmas thing. But I haven't gotten over using the birthday thing as a gauge of whether I have any friends or not.

I know I don't have any real friends around here, but I suppose when nobody goes out of their way on your birthday, that sinks the point in harder. Makes me feel alone, unloved. Fuck it all, anyhow. Who the fuck needs friends anyhow.

Happy Birthday to me.

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday, Jody! It's my purrthday too, an Cheysuli the meezer.

    Mom knows it's lonely to haf yur purrthday when no one knows it. Hers is in Nov an she didn't know anyone in the dorm yet, so no one to sellebrate wif. Buy yurself some flowers, an when sumone asks who got them fur you, say theys from sumone special. Cuz you are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Purrrrthday to you! If we was closer, we'd take you out for your Purrrthday. But it's hard when you are in Oregon.

    My Bean does not celebrate her purthday and in fact, her goal is to have everyone forget it is her purthday. I think she thinks that happens, she won't get any older. But I don't think it works that way.

    ReplyDelete

Green Peter Drawdown Video

  A video made about the Green Peter reservoir drawdown.  Will it help at all?   I don't know.