Thursday, February 28, 2008

Seven Cats for Tomorrow

I have seven cats for fixing tomorrow, but I don't know if the vet can do that many. I usually take in four or five, at most six. If they can't, they can't. One is the final cat of six from downtown Albany. One is the abbytabby from Springfield. I returned the black and white male today and caught the abbytabby. I'm picking them off, that's for sure.

Then I went out to the Sodaville situation and caught five of those real quick. They are nice cats and all going to a barn home together after getting fixed. They were left behind by a tenant when she moved into Lebanon.

The old man at HTN took care of the female trapped a few houses down and fed by two old women last night and released her today. I've still got the Whitey2 male, fixed yesterday and will return him, along with the two bobtail females from their neighbors, tomorrow. I will also return the DD female tomorrow who was fixed yesterday and in early pregnancy. The two bobtails were also in early pregnancy. Of the four females fixed yesterday, only the HTN girl was not pregnant.

Poppa Inc. and myself saved this area from 15 more unwanted kittens being born within two months, yesterday alone.

Good for me and Poppa Inc. There are at least three females among the five I trapped in Sodaville also. Every female over four months of age is now in heat or pregnant.

6 comments:

  1. Strayer,

    I'm sure you've heard this before, but it finally dawned on me that if you weren't doing what you're doing we'd probably be neck deep in felinity!

    Thank you for your effort.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, the cats long ago would have taken over the world and be our masters, not that they aren't now. But....

    ReplyDelete
  3. tkn, every spay and neuter saves countless resources and dollars. Every spay increases community livability and decreases pressures on the environment.

    Every spay saves animal control dollars and shelter donation dollars. Every spay helps an individual cat and whomever cares for that cat, too. Every spay saves countless feline lives down the line.

    Every spay helps prevent the spread of contagious feline disease, parasites, and decreases the possibility of zoonic disease spread.

    Every spay and neuter is a win win win win win situation. Everybody benefits.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Leap Day to you and Happy Purrrthday as well!

    ReplyDelete

Trip to Beach

 My Lebanon friend who gets so carsick, said she was going to the coast yesterday, did I want to go too. Of course I did.  She has to drive ...