Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Another Whitey Colony

Photo shows the first of several Whiteys. This guy was fixed today.

Six cats went up to be fixed today, including the first of several white cats, from just another Whitey colony in Corvallis. Lack of diversity, even among the cats of Corvallis? Just joking. Corvallis is full of all colors of cats. This is, however, the second mostly white colony I've trapped within a few months. I'd say the cats, let alone the humans of our planet, could use some outside genetic material added to the mix. Want to have sex with an alien? We need their genes for our pool. Hahahaha.

Back to the cats.

So, the cat list today: one from Family Feud female, the one who started that whole problem, and that Lebanon rescue type did reimburse the neuter from Friday and paid for this female today. So good for her.

Then, I had a pregnant brown tab long hair from HTN that I nabbed with the drop trap yesterday. And two tame boys from HTN.

Then that little torti teen my neighbor found in his garage, scarfing everything in sight went up for spay. And no kidding, she was pregnant. That news dropped my socks off. Teen pregnancy---not just a human issue.

The last cat was the first Corvallis Whitey, trapped at a rural location. Those folks wanted to do away with the cat at first. But then I told them the cat was likely from nearby, because someone who once wanted to adopt a cat from me, told me about a house with a bunch of white cats around it. So they decided to just get the cat fixed.

Today, when I went to pick up another white cat they'd trapped, I went around to the other road, to their back fence neighbors. I knocked and knocked. No one answered. On the porch, all over the porch, were white cats, laying around looking hungry. I finally gave up knocking and went to my car. Several big dogs inside had raised a racket with me knocking and I thought they were coming at me through the window.

About then, three people came out. I told them why I was here and they said they would love to have them fixed. They looked at the cat in my car their neighbor had trapped and told me his name. They had to leave. So I trapped, very rapidly, four more white cats and one black one. That makes six whiteys trapped so far, and one all black. I saw three more Whiteys and one more all black, whom I'll try to catch tomorrow.

The first whitey fixed today was a little male. Five more whiteys will be fixed tomorrow. So, I should get that situation under control real quickly.

Two preggies fixed today. Kitten season is on its way.
Torti teen, was pregnant at spay today.
The three Springfield males fixed last Friday:
DSH black male, with two inch tail.
DLH black male.
DLH young brown tabby male.
Two big long hair already fixed orange boys eat under my drop trap.
Tame male fixed today from same street.
Another tame male fixed today, brother of above cat.
This long hair brown tabby female was pregnant at spay today.
Chachi and Blotch, a fixed female, touch noses while wandering in the junk next door. Blotch's son, who looked just like her, was one of the cats killed by a dog. Chachi's sister Goldi, was also killed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ten Extras

 I have ten extra cats in my garage. Nine are in traps, just brought over from the Scravel colony.    They are almost all orange tabbies, wi...