Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Five Cats for Tomorrow. Wait, Six!

Well, since netting that long hair gray male in the garage out there, after he got loose, the old man set a trap across the street. He was going to try to catch the final kitten, unfixed over there. She's five months old. Got the others fixed at the October FCCO clinic---three of them, two males, both black and white long hair, and a female, all black short hair. I'd caught the mother, pregnant again, and real young herself, in my first outing to that street, thank goodness.

He didn't catch the little five month old long hair muted torti. He caught another black tux male, with scrap wounds on his backside. He'd seen the long hair gray male and this boy fighting tooth and nail in the middle of the street a few days ago. Now, I think it's quite fitting that they will accompany one another, side by side, to the neuter table.

I went out and netted the little torti, who is in heat, and the reason these males are roaming in. Another unknown short hair orange tabby tux ran off the porch when I netted her. Sick, in a big way. This little cat is just a kitten still. Five months old and having to deal with these beat up nasty old males. Not any more. This is one reason I LOVE my self-appointed job.

So that's three from right there again. I've lost count on the numbers.

A Corvallis woman called. She adopted Bonga from me long ago. Bonga was a kitten I caught up near Winco. A Jehovah Witness was taking care of them. Sort of. She gave me literature on her religion. She couldn't help herself.

She refused to let me catch the final kitten and claimed she would get that one fixed and take care of the kitten and mother, now spayed, for life. She bailed on all those promises plus the promise of giving me $50 for all my trouble.

And, I had to deal with some whack job neighbor. I'd been walking along the sidewalk looking for the kittens with one of the neighbors when some guy drives right up beside us and rolls down the passenger side window. I walked over, thinking he wanted to ask directions and just when I leaned over he pulls up a digital camera and starts flashing pictures of me, making accusations that I must be some theif. I should have pepper sprayed the hell out of him. I'd already told him what I was doing. This was a genuine paranoid vigilante nutjob.

So anyhow, the two brothers went to a great guy in Eugene and Bonga, now named Kiki, went to this student. I got them fixed prior to their adoptions. This student contacted me after all this time. I was really very delighted to hear from her. She got another rescued kitty who needs fixed. So that cat is going up tomorrow, too.

After leaving HTN colony, I decided, instead of going to the Kind Hearted woman colony, in Lebanon, I'd head out to the Millersburg Country colony. I got most of the cats out there fixed early last summer, and rehomed a ton of kittens. But I missed three kittens. A couple months ago, I went out and nabbed one of the three. She was a girl, a brown tabby tux. Tonight, I nabbed both the other two. I got the black short hair with the drop trap from quite a distance. I nabbed the gray short hair in a standard live trap. So, when they are fixed tomorrow, that colony will be done. Yahoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment

End of Warmth

 We had some nice days.   But the heat is gone. We'll be in the 60's again for awhile, with perhaps some drizzle. I love the heat.  ...