Wednesday, November 21, 2007

I Outdid Myself on that Turkey

The turkey I cooked tonight was unbelievably delicious. Must have been the Pad Thai seasoning I added. Or the garlic cloves and just the right amount of pepper. I stuffed the bird with whole carrots, a yam, and some onions. I laid the bird in the roasting pan on whole carrots, fresh garlic cloves and cut up onions. I added the seasoning to water, mixed it up and sprinkled the mix over the vegees prior to cooking. I basted the bird in olive oil mixed with garlic powder and pepper.

I cooked.

Some would say, "But Jody, tomorrow is Thanksgiving, not today."

Well, I couldn't wait, and it frees up tomorrow for other things. Like sleeping in.

I'll be eating turkey forever and a day. No problem.

I must say, I did a splendid job. Last year, I overcooked and nearly choked to death trying to nonetheless enjoy my dinner. I should have cut my losses and made cat food out of that one last year, however. But not this year. I did a superb human grade job.

2 comments:

  1. Jody,

    Hope you enjoy your rest and your Thanksgiving feast. You should feel very accomplished because of all of your efforts - many a life has been saved.

    Mike & Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Thanksgiving!
    that turkey's sounds good!

    ReplyDelete

Round Up

Today is cat round up for tomorrow's five spots.  Two more came up from the vet student in Harrisburg late this morning.  Over 60 fixed ...