Friday, November 23, 2007

Frustrations

A kitten is coming back to me. The adoptors turned accusatory and even threatening. I hadn't heard from them since they adopted the kitten, almost a month ago, then suddenly get about three threatening accusatory phone messages left Thanksgiving Day. They claim he gave one child ringworm, although a vet they took the kitten to could find no ringworm on him. He still has no apparent ringworm and that kid could have gotten ringworm anywhere, even from the trailer itself. Trailers are often full of mold.

They got a free fixed kitten with full disclosure. Their kid got ringworm, likely not from the kitten. And I have to take screaming crap off them. I'm way too nice. I need like an inflatable doll to yell at or something, to take out all this frustration, dealing with people who want to blame, when there is no blame.

I'd never been to their place. Someone else went and retrieved him and said it was good he got out of there. Anyhow, he's coming back here next week.

I'm not psychic. Wish I was. It's crazy sometimes, adopting out rescued kittens and cats. I hate it actually.

Many people expressing an interest in adopting a kitten or cat can't even take care of themselves very well, let alone a cat. They have zero attention spans. They'll claim they understand something you tell them, and they haven't even listened. They are uneducated purposefully and would never spend a moment reading up on anything when it might take time away from a video game or TV show.

And they would never take the kitten or cat to a vet again. The kitten or cat is destined to live a parasite infested life. Maybe he'll get a litterbox but likely it will be constantly overflowing in a corner until somebody takes out their frustrations because of the dirty litterbox that they don't clean, by blaming the cat and toss the cat out or have some friend go dump him or her.

An unfixed kitten or cat adopted to such people will never in a million years get fixed. That cat, if female, will have litter after litter after litter, wearing her out, and contributing thousands of cats, down the line, to the overpopulation problem. Same with a male, because one male can impregnate lots of females. But with males, when they fight over females and territory, they also spread diseases, diseases like FIV, which is epidemic in this valley because so many people do not fix their free roaming males.

It's a hard world out there for cats.

Anyhow, I got the two HTN colony kittens to Tigard this a.m. early for their spay/neuter surgery, using the borrowed car. Finally got my car back with the used tires installed but not balanced and took it to a tire store, which cost $10 per tire, just for balancing. Yet the tires still are vibrating like they are out of balance. It is frustrating, I tell you, to try to find someplace to get something done right the first time.

It's been a hard week. I'm worn out. I still have to deal with the out of balance tires. It's just all so frustrating. I wish I could locate a trustworthy honest reasonably priced car and tire place that does excellent work. That would be such a relief to find.

No comments:

Post a Comment

FCCO Trip on Half Decent Day

 Yesterday, early morning, I headed to FCCO with ten cats from the Scravel colony.   I don't get any records with the FCCO.  They are se...