Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Trapped 10 More at Corvallis Colony Last Night

I have reservations for ten ferals and two tame cats for the Neuterscooter clinic Wednesday. My friend and volunteer paid for reservations for ten more cats. She got a friend to sponsor five more and yet another friend to sponsor four more. That's 19 for her, 12 for me. She quickly found 8 cats with three caregivers, in Corvallis, needing help getting them fixed. I am rounding up 11 more cats in need to fill her other reservations as well as filling the 12 reservations I have. 23 cats to round up! Not a problem.

She will be taking in, under her reservations, 5 tame kittens from the BS and two tame kittens I trapped yesterday at the Corvallis colony.

I returned to that colony intent on trapping kittens for the Neuterscooter clinic. I trapped 11 cats in total, but one kitten, a fuzzy little gray male, is too little, only about five weeks old. I treated him for fleas and wormed him and turned him loose to his mother, who is fixed now. There were two more his size---a short hair black and white and a fuzzy gray and white.

I caught all the keeper size kittens except two--seven in all. Then I caught the teen black male and another adult gray I didn't know was out there. Last but not least, the big honking stud male showed up and I caught him, too. Ten cats in total, that were keeper size. Three are big enough however to be done at my own vet clinic, maybe with the reservations I have on Thursday. If I need to, that is, if I end up with too many for the Neuterscooter.

I went out to the Talbot Troop colony again. I'd gone out earlier but no one was home. I didn't get to stay long last night because some of the folks get up really really early to go to work, like at 3:00 a.m. I did catch one of the three, however, a long hair black smoke kitten who is unbelievably beautiful. So now I have 8 kittens to fill neuterscooter reservations. Nine when you add in Teddy, from here, who is going.

There are three kittens contained already over at Hate Thy Neighbor, that we trapped but were too small for my vet to want to do. They can go also. 12 kittens. Plus the five tame ones from the BS. 17 kittens. I'm not counting the teen male and two adults from the Corvallis colony, who could wait til Thursday.

I have three kittens and their mother to trap over on 34th street. Two more kittens and their mother to trap at Talbot Troops. If I get all three on 34th and the two in Talbot, I'll be at 22 kittens, with extra adults here.

See what I mean? Rounding up 23 cats/kittens needing fixed is not a problem.


This little male is too little to be fixed. He sprung a trap on himself. I took him out, wormed him, treated him for fleas, cuddled him some, then turned him back into the garage. He'll be fixed at some later date, along with his two siblings.
CHECK OUT THAT EARTIP! This female was among the first six I took in to be fixed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sun Coming

 Sun is supposed to come to us finally here in Oregon.   It's been pouring last few days, today included. At first, the weather stations...