Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Twister's Last Night on Earth

Tonight is Twister's last night on Earth. Twister is positive for FIV, feline aids. This disease is epidemic in Albany because so few people fix their male cats, or even their females. He is a big lovable boy and he's afraid to die. I took him and Frap over to Heartland, for testing, because they charged me only $25, compared to the $65 it would have cost at the cheapest private vet around. He got so scared. His euthanasia will cost $65. Frap was negative. Tomorrow he will have his bad tooth removed. I'm going deeper and deeper into debt over these Clover Ridge cats. Plus even the thought of Twister's death is pretty much killing me.

I put my heart and soul into helping these cats out. I have no money, let's face it, no right to be doing this. And yet, I've helped thousands. The most help I deliver is in spay/neuter because that prevents deaths, lots of deaths and lots of suffering. But the burden I bear, helping these unwanted cats out is sometimes unbearable. I have no human support whatsoever. In fact, I take abuse, manipulation, and lies every day, working to help cats, here in Albany, OR. The sadness sometimes overwhelms me. Mostly, I stuff the pain.

I love Twister already. But, there are no options for this sweet guy who some asshole didn't get fixed. Nobody adopts FIV positive cats. Nobody. It'll be extremely hard to even find a home for Frap because he's an adult male.

So tomorrow, Twister's time on Earth will come to an end. And I'll be angry, I know, and I'll drive down Clover Ridge with the windows open screaming curses at that god forsaken neighborhood on his behalf.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Trip to Beach

 My Lebanon friend who gets so carsick, said she was going to the coast yesterday, did I want to go too. Of course I did.  She has to drive ...