Thursday, June 21, 2007

The Five Millersburg Country Colony Cats Fixed Yesterday

Five more Millersburg Country Colony cats were fixed yesterday, bringing the total adults fixed there to 12, while seven kittens have been removed. These are the photos of the latest fixes, including four females, one of whom was pregnant.

When I returned the cats this morning, I spotted Bad Mom, the teen mother of the five tiny kittens I found all over the place, screaming, the first time I was out there. I brought them home over night, fed them KMR every few hours, then returned them, because the colony caretaker said she had a lactating inside female who would feed them. But, she turned them out, locking the teen mom inside a carrier with the kittens. This didn't work either. Two died then the other three disappeared. After spotting Bad Mom on the deck, hanging with an unfixed bobtailed orange male, I went out back and quickly found the surviving three kittens. The neice of the colony caretaker pledges to care for them. Two have diarrhea. All were dehydrated and hungry to the point that these ten day olds tried to eat wet food--not normal for that age. So Bad Mom is going to be fixed Sunday and so is her latest love interest.Abbytabby tux female, pregnant at spay, returned to colony today.
Dominant beat up black short hair male, returned today, fixed yesterday.
In heat brown tabby tux female, who was making it with the big bad black tux, just prior to when I trapped her. He's next on my list, too.
Silver Tabby female, sister of the in heat silver tabby female fixed Monday. This is the mom of the two six week old kittens Heartland took in. She was in heat again.
Gray tabby female, fixed yesterday, returned today, and mother of the five seven week old kittens Heartland thankfully took in yesterday. She also was already in heat again.

Left to fix: Black tux short hair male. Orange tabby bobtail male. Brown tabby male (most likely a male), gray tabby male, Bad Mom, Black short hair female. Inside Siamese manx female. There may be more. In addition, the folks across the road, whose housepets are all fixed, have a young torbi female who showed up, now with two kittens. I hope to get her fixed at the FCCO clinic on Sunday. I have 8 spots, but have not yet received the paperwork I expected, so I hope nothing's gone afoul.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ten Extras

 I have ten extra cats in my garage. Nine are in traps, just brought over from the Scravel colony.    They are almost all orange tabbies, wi...