Thursday, October 08, 2026

The Beautiful Days

 The weather has been simply beautiful.  Temps get up to mid 70's.

Today began with heavy fog.  I love fog.  It lays low in the valley like a blanket.

I lived my childhood near the Oregon coast where fog was common, shrouding the landscapes like a mystery.  Fog is comforting to me, like a secret, like deep cover.

When I put my garbage and recycling cans out last night I was dismayed to find the car lot neighbors cars obscuring my curb.  There was nowhere to put my garbage can.  Finally I rolled it way down the street, the only car free place I could find.   

I never know if their cars will be gone in the morning or not so I can't just put them on the curb with their cars in front of them, blocking access by the garbage truck.   It's a rude thing to do that.  They know its garbage can out night.   This morning most of the cars had left.  I had to leave early too, to take cats to the clinic.  When I came back a different neighbors car was in front of the cans.   Some people these days don't give a crap about neighbors.   Fortunately I have a couple really good neighbors so I don't feel that way about everyone in general.  Some people are rude and some people are not.

Yesterday I went out with my former neighbor and her sister to our favorite Mexican restaurant.  But this time, I became immediately sick to my stomach afterwards.   I'm better now though.   Whew!  It was nice to see her and catch up.   Her sister visits from either Arizona or New Mexico.  I can't remember which state it is.

After that, I had to lay down an hour, to try to feel better, before going to Lebanon to pick up more cats from the same household I took the 6 cats in from Tuesday.

They were supposed to have five adults.  We had six spots for them today.  But they couldn't catch one of the adults and then mentioned kittens.  I asked how big they are.  She responded by going to get one and walking down to my car, half block away, to show me, with me freaking out it would get away from her because she had it in her hands and it was squirming around.   

The kitten was plenty big to be fixed so I told her to get another one.  That way we had six to take afterall.

Cleo, muted torti

Princess, a girl

Stormy, a girl

Starlight, a girl

Sticks and Stones, the two kittens being fixed
I don't like to overnight tame cats in carriers because its hard to clean them safely, if they poop or pee in the night.   Currently my bathroom is still occupied by Tempest, so I can't take them in there to safely, in an enclosed space, change cats to a clean carrier.   Or just overnight them in there.

Tempest is leaving for a barn home tomorrow morning.  I'm so happy for her.  She is very lonely and bored in the bathroom by now, but the wait was worth it for her to have a chance at a new life.   She couldn't return to the river path where I trapped her as her feeder man, who was homeless, had died.

Her kittens are doing so well so fast with the neighbor.   They're even getting exposed to kids which is wonderful.  All five kittens are already fixed, so she may find homes for them herself and if not, we hope we can get them into Safehaven.  She's very patient.  

By noon tomorrow, I'll have my bathroom back again.   I can't wait.  

Today I have nothing more on the schedule, not officially, not appointments to be somewhere.  I do have a lot of cleaning up and yardwork needs done.  As usual.  And a nap to take.   And its the perfect day for an afternoon nap out in the sun on my zero gravity lawn chair.




No comments:

Post a Comment

The Beautiful Days

 The weather has been simply beautiful.  Temps get up to mid 70's. Today began with heavy fog.  I love fog.  It lays low in the valley l...