Saturday, September 26, 2026

All the River Kittens

 All six river path kittens are caught.

I went back Wednesday evening and caught the last two kittens within about an hour.  

First I caught the Siamese girl, then the last kitten to catch was the 2nd tabby on white.

They joined their little friends in the bathroom.  Five kittens in my bathroom since the calico went to a friend and is doing great.  Plus mom.  Who is now guarding them relentlessly.   I ignore her growling at me and play with them anyway.

Calico River Path kitten in her new home

I've spent Thursday doing chores and running around.  I went to the Farmers Market in Lebanon and got some nice vegetables.  The highlight was getting two yellow tomatoes.  I wish I'd gotten five or six.   They're delicious and gone already.

I went to the Mennonite store then, in search of bargains but only got a few apples and some broccoli. Oh, and two salad mix boxes for $.50 each.

Most stores now bulk package vegetables.  Produces a lot of waste for us singletons.

By Friday, I was beat and could barely move, felt sick I was so tired out and everything hurt, most likely from contorting myself into positions my body should not contort into, when trying to get Dash out of the dashboard of my car.

Today I stayed home too, read, played with my cats, cleaned.  There is always cleaning to do.  I try to not leave home unless necessary because gas prices are killer.   Rascal, the black young male, came into the garage for awhile.  He is a very polite cat.  I showed him a chair he could sleep in.  He's so polite that after playing for a bit, he went to that same chair and curled up for a nap.  If its cold or wet out, he's got the garage now and feels comfortable there.  Gigi half likes him and that says a lot about him, if Gigi says ok to share "her" garage with him, although mostly she's in the house now.

The last tabby on white caught, up top on left.  Then Thimbleena, the tabby tux girl, and Dash, lower right, the dashboard boy.

That's Dory the torbie, on the bottom with the so far unnamed tabby on white on top.

Tempest, their now spayed torbie mom.  Is it my imagination that she might want to be tame.  Am I seeing things I want to see instead of reality, I wonder.  She's exhausted, from the starvation weeks she went through while caring for kittens after the homeless man who fed them died.  Just caring for six kittens and trying to keep them safe in the environment where they were born exhausted her.  The males haven't a care in the world, by comparison to the mom cats.  The weight of the world is the burden of mothers.

Thimbleena and Dash are the tamest so far.




I haven't named the little Siamese girl yet either.  She wasn't in great shape when I finally caught her Wednesday night and is shy.  She's extremely soft and sweet even though still scared.  She'd been without her mom four days by Wednesday night.  How terrifying that must have been.

They'll all be fixed next week at some point.  I have four appointments Monday in Salem but the two caretakers I gave them to so far haven't caught a single cat.  If they fail, I'll just take in four of the kittens and they can try again for the 1st, when I have the appointments for the kittens.    Switcheroo if they don't catch their cats by tomorrow.   

Gigi on my lap

I was trying to figure out her age.   The neighbors behind me relinquished her to me in 2022 and claimed then she was at least 5, which would make her 9 years old. 

But here's a photo of Gigi with a black and white cat I took in May of 2017 when I had no idea where she might even live.  Her original name was Butters, the neighbors told me when they relinquished her..   Adult then, 9 years ago.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

All the River Kittens

 All six river path kittens are caught. I went back Wednesday evening and caught the last two kittens within about an hour.   First I caught...