Saturday, July 13, 2024

Worn Out I Guess

 I rose decent hour, did cat chores, lined up the day in my brain.

I paid bills.  I don't like checking the mail and often don't for a week until I fear the postman will call the cops for a welfare check if it piles up in the box too long.   

I don't like to check the mail because its just junk mail and bills that come.

Then I was ready to go to the store this morning and actually get some groceries.  How I put off shopping.  Because I don't to shop.  Next thing I know, I'm laying back in bed, "for a short nap" and didn't wake up til 1:00 p.m.  I'd worn myself out last few days, on the lake.

I went again to the lake yesterday and wore myself out good, both paddling and with long swims.   I know the lake visits may end up over too fast, because the lake is so warm.  Or because of some wildfire and its smoke.  Places are catching and burning all over.  So far the state and the wildfire crews have kept up on the fires although there are some larger ones burning.   I think almost 100% if not 100% have been human caused.

I've got a sick cat--Vino, an older very feral very athletic boy.   This is no ordinary cold.  It goes into their sinuses and drains down their throat.  Slinko had it a long while before I got antibiotics twice for him and he got over it.   But I can't give Vino antibiotics.  I'd end up in the ER for sure.  It has gone through a few of my cats, but most barely get a sniffle or sneeze and are over it.  He may throw it off fast too.

I'll see what the vet says, if I can get him in maybe for a quick convenia poke.

Well, the least I can do is get dressed and go get some fresh produce.  I can't believe the prices out there, even for a single onion.  


11 comments:

  1. I am glad that you got to the lake. Our vet gave us antibiotics in liquid form to be spread on their food. It works - and avoids stress and bloodshed. I hope your poor sick boy recovers quickly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the antibiotic shots, sure beats getting beat up trying to medicate.

      Delete
    2. I can't do mix in food antibiotics due to having a lot of cats. Unless I cage him for the duration, which I could do.

      Delete
  2. Mt. Rainier occasionally has these earthquake swarms. Laura and I moved to Portland in 1981. On one of our explorations, we decided to see what we could see around the mountain. It was like the dark side of the moon! There was no Spirit Lake Highway, so we traveled all the way to the base of the mountain on an unpaved track along the Toutle River. All these years later, newcomers would have trouble picking out residual damage from the blast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will never forget the Mt. St. Helens blast. I collected ash from my car windshield and kept it for many years in a vial. But now, I don't know where it is. The tragedy of the Spirit Lake lodge, along with Harry Truman and his cats, bothers me to think about.

      Delete
  3. I hope Vino gets better soon. The first time our vet offered an antibiotic shot, we jumped on it. It cost a little more, but was worth it not to fight with our cat while trying to get medicine down him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The shots are just too easy and awesome!

      Delete
  4. Please take care of yourself. ~hugs~ I've been a bit worn out by gardening of late, which is a good thing. :D Too bad I can't send you some of my soon to ripen (fingers crossed) peppers, tomatoes, and pumpkins. Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I'd love some garden fresh tomatoes and peppers. I used to know tons of backyard gardeners who wound up with too much produce every year.

      Delete
  5. It's good to rest. Your body needed it. I hope your lake excursions don't end too soon. I love going grocery shopping, so I go often. But yeah, prices are insane.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am going again today, in fact! We have wildfires popping up everywhere too, so another good reason to go while the going is good. Once I'm at the stores, I do enjoy it. I often use the opportunity to get in some walking without being out in the heat. But I am constantly shocked by food prices. Fresh veggies currently are beyond unbelievably high.

      Delete

8 Cats Fixed Yesterday

 I don't know how I got involved in that horrible situation in Lebanon at the city owned RV park. The city should be solving it humanely...