Thursday, June 06, 2024

Sunshine

 We've got sunshine!

Finally.   I can't enjoy it too much today though.  Stomach issues.  But tomorrow I hope to be out on the water somewhere.  My kayak is ready.

Also, Sunshine, the kitty, from 7-11, the one caught at the apartments, left for barn cat placement with Silverton Cat Rescue.   I took her to Salem this morning.


She's darling and young, was pregnant at spay, just a teenager.  At least she's out of living in a parking lot.

Amber, the torbi in my bathroom, will be leaving soon too.   I found a perfect private residence, with enclosed cat yard, similar to my set up, only the lady has only a few cats.   She should do just fine there.

I'm not sure what day I'll deliver her.  The lady is taking her straight to her vet, to be chipped and given a full exam.   That appointment she has for her is the 12th.  Not sure if she'll be here til the 11th, doesn't matter really.  She has a new home coming up soon.

Then I'm off for the most part, except for helping the Sweet Home lady with appointments June 19 at FCCO, but that's a two day stint.

She and her adult son will do the work.  I just transport and recuperate overnight. I'm not sure how many appointments she got.

It's 79 degrees out right now.  Very nice.   I got the front lawn mowed yesterday and a lot of other work done.   The back needs mowed yet again.

All good on the home front.  

13 comments:

  1. In answer to your question on my "Welcome to my corner...", It's not a goose. It's a domestic Pekin (plain old white) duck. A number of my blog friends thought it was a goose. They have such different bills. My picture of the mama mallard and her brood had a bona fide domestic goose. I did some research and found that a female mallard will weigh around 2 pounds, the goose around 20 pounds, and the white pekin about 7 pounds. Big differences in size! Sorry to take up space on your comment section with this, but you have no email on your profile.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like to learn about these things Bill, so no worries on space taking. That is a huge weight difference. I'm going to look up white pekin now. The domesticated ducks most commonly we see around here mixed in with mallards are the strangely ugly ducks, will try to find a photo.

      Delete
    2. Muscovy ducks, the ugly ones.

      Delete
    3. Muscovys are an odd breed-- originating in South America. They can mate with more "normal" ducks, but the offspring cannot reproduce. (mules) Pekins are simply the standard domestic white duck. Mallard/Pekin mixes CAN be quite lovely-- but many simply look odd. Pekin comes from Peking, now Beijing.

      Delete
    4. Interesting information! And thank you for all your efforts, my dear. You've improved so, so many kitties' lives. I hope your stomach issue has abated and you enjoy some time on the water.

      Delete
  2. Lots of good news. I'm glad you found placements for both cats.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sorry about your tummy issues. Not fun.
    Homes for two new cats? Well done.
    And I am glad for you that you have sunshine. We are in grey (and damp) conditions at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Today will be the warmest. Mid 80's, but good for at least a few days beyond, just cooler. My stomach issues are of my own making. But today I'm good.

      Delete
  4. I hope your stomach issues have calmed and you get a chance to enjoy the sunshine today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, every now and then I overeat, and afterwards, well, know I should not have done so.

      Delete
    2. I'm the same way. In fact, it happened today but not too badly; it's almost always when we go out to eat. Restaurant plates tend to be misleadingly large. If I'd been smarter I'd have kept the appetizer plate from our crab rangoon for the main course. Oh, well. An old, wise saying suggests leaving the table hungry but that never seems to happen. ~rolls eyes~ Too bad I can't share some of our Chinese leftovers with you. My husband got his wish in bringing home a lot and now I'm not sure I want any of it. Heh...

      Delete
    3. Darla, Chinese doesn't do well as leftovers or second day I have found. Yes, plates could be half to a quarter the size and we'd all have plenty to eat. Who wants to feel awful by overeating? Not me, but going out to eat is sure to produce that.

      Delete

Heat

 Well, we're supposed to ramp up temps end of week. Great, eh?  Especially since there will be idiots out there shooting off fireworks. ...