Friday, April 12, 2024

Night Cats

 I saw a new cat briefly in my backyard a couple days ago.  


 

So I set up my game cam that night, to see who is coming through. I haven't seen Bob in awhile.  I wondered if he would show.

Next morning, its exciting to go get the game cam and download the contents of the card.  No wandering wolverines, thank goodness.

The black tux new cat was on it.   He'd also shown up atop my cat yard yesterday, running the permimeter.  I have no idea where he came from or if he belongs to someone.  Looks fat and healthy though, so I am guessing a neighbor has a new cat.


Cisco appeared on the game cam off and on half the night.   He's well fed by neighbors and I took him to be fixed a few weeks back.  

I made a video with imovie, an iphone app.  It's so fun to use.  My game cam, given to me by a Lacomb lady, is also great fun.  


Fritter too appeared.  Fritter's the boy who has had it rough.  First abandoned by his people in the apartments.  Then the man at the end took him in and cared for him, only to die falling in his garage.  His family members asked the family who bought the house then, to care for him.  They did, until they split and he moved out and sold the house recently.  Now there are new people living in that house, Fritters house really, and I don't know who they are or what they are like but several other neighbors take care of him, includiing me.  He's an old man cat now.


Lastly, I was surprised to see a skinny raccoon on the game cam.  He drank water and was quickly gone and did not appear again on the camera.   I haven't seen a raccoon around here for ages.  I'm glad I sealed up the cat door to the garage that Gigi had been using.  I'll put out the cam again to see if he's routinely coming through.  I don't have food out he could get to but he may come just for the water.


Here's to night stalkers and the unknown.

11 comments:

  1. I love your night stalkers. Most cats here are in at night (council regulation). We do have a possum that cruises through and I doubt that the poor Ginger cats we feed are in at night.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No they're probably not. (the gingers). Seem to be even more I need to catch here. My neighbor feeds, saw a tabby go down her side yard. Now the black tux too, and a medium hair gray. I would guess all these cats are "lost boys", boys their owners never got fixed now lost from wandering during breeding season or just abandoned pretty much, like Fritter originally was by his owners. I wish they'd crack down on the laws here about abandonment, at least.

      Delete
  2. A clever choice of music to go with the footage of cam footage.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I listened to so many app offered audio clips to find one that fit.

      Delete
  3. And without a camera you wouldn't have known about any of your visitors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No I wouldn't. That's the fun part.

      Delete
  4. It sounds like Fritter has lived in that house longer than anybody.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's why I consider it Fritter's house and how dare the humans buy and sell it, move in and out. That house is human cursed. So many people have lived there in the 16 years I've been on the block.

      Delete
  5. Your game cam is very interesting. I wonder what we would see in our backyard if we set one up?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're so interesting to set up and then see what's on them. Lots of people use them now, not to look for game, but as I do, in my own yard, for fun and to get photos. The surprise factor is the best, of putting the card into the computer or your phone attachment to see what you've captured, not in a trap, but on camera. Get one. They're suprisingly cheap.

      Delete
  6. Like Andrew, I appreciate the music. It makes me want to watch a Hammer Studios horror film.

    lol

    A game camera would be nice here; loud meowing woke me around 12:30 last night and I frantically made sure none of our three were trapped in a closet. Apparently the sounds came from outside. It took me a while to regain sleep, concerned for that kitty. And today I found a dead mole on the back patio so it seems another industrious kitty knows a good home and wants in.

    Thanks, by the way, on your comment on how good Dandelion looks. I take that as high praise. :D Blessings and hugs, my dear.

    ReplyDelete

Five Cats Fixed Yesterday

 Two Liliths from two towns were fixed yesterday.  Coincidence?  I guess. This Lilith is from Lebanon and was left behind by her people at a...