Tuesday, January 02, 2024

The Waterloo Siamese Plus Skippy

 I got photos by email of the Waterloo Siamese adopted by my Washington friends.  It's so rewarding to get updates.  In all, they took home four kittens.  First Chiyo from a mom dumped pregnant at Waterloo park, and Skippy, whom I trapped across from the jail.   But they weren't done.    Then they adopted the Siamese siblings, one a girl, one a boy, from another Waterloo park dumped mother cat.

Chiyo tamed rapidly.

Chiyo in front and her buddy, the girl twin, no name yet, in back.

Next, they adopted Skippy, whom I caught across from the jail.  I also caught his mom and sister, plus a male.  His sister Sprite is still here.

Skippy!

And they adopted the boy Siamese I trapped up at Waterloo.  This time, in his litter, there were five kittens and their mom is black, and also first seen at the park and likely dumped there pregnant.   I trapped him just up across the dike trail in residential at a drug property.  They didn't get new photos of him yet and both he and his sister, whom they also adopted, still do not have names.  So they call them the girl twin and the boy twin.  

Yup, when I finally caught the girl twin, in a smokey haze, while the property people were burning I don't know what very near where I was trapping, they came and adopted her also.   It was a miracle!

Isn't girl twin gorgeous?   

Here's the dense smoke around the trap when I caught her and a photo of her in the trap just after.  I'm so happy for the four kittens!  Tomorrow they're all headed off to see the vet.



Happy Cat Club, my nonprofit, doesn't have adoption in its mission statement, just spay neuter assistance and food assistance, along with caring for cats we've helped and who need it..  But, if I have friends who will take on some wild kittens, off they go!!!!!  With a great big smile.

10 comments:

  1. WONDERFUL news. And beautiful cats.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a good story to hear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Always nice to get updates, that's for sure.

      Delete
  3. Those adopted kitties are going to have a great life thanks to you. You do great work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're wonderful (both the kittens and my WA friends) and yes they will have great lives.

      Delete
  4. This makes me happy. ~hugs~ It took a while for us to name Jezebel, funny enough. I still miss our Jezza-Boo-Bunny-Bear and have to remind myself that not letting her suffer last spring was the right decision. Best wishes, my dear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's hard, to know when to let them go. These four kittens are so darn lucky to be with my friends in WA.

      Delete
  5. That's great news for those four kitties. You can only do so much, so I understand why you don't try to get them adopted.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi---- the only way to answer your question on my post is by making this comment--- Yes a good layer of frost is on the ground on the other side of the trees. The cats are adorable, and the pictures are fine. -Bill

    ReplyDelete

Rain and A Fire in Lebanon

 Rain is back.   At least it came back off and on today, although it wasn't supposed to.   Tomorrow is supposed to be nice, albeit quite...