Sunday, December 17, 2023

Sunday Morning

 We've had fog advisories last few days.  Yesterday it became pea soup outside in places, making driving hazardous.  Unfortunately there are people out there driving who don't think dense fog creates a reason to slow down.  These are the people who end up causing massive pile ups, death and destruction.   

I went to start my car to return the nine cats yesterday morning and instead of starting it coughed and wheezed and tried but couldn't.  I finally did get it started and then it ran fine.   I knew I'd need to get to the bottom of that at some point, or I"ll end up stranded.

In the meantime, the folks up at the colony, had caught the older of the last two at their place needing fixed.  I was ecstatic!   I released all nine, picked up all three of the traps I'd left up there, one now with a cat inside it and came home.

On the way home I got a call that ended up that I had more spots for cats tomorrow. I was thrilled since so far I don't have any January appointments and they won't be many due to remodel going on at the clinic.

There were three males on my wait list for getting in, and I'd put them off due to more urgent cats.   I contacted the first male lady, and she had an appointment already elsewhere lined up for him.   The second lady, clear up in Foster, was ecstatic they can be fixed and will meet me in Lebanon with them today.  She has association with the RV park up there where I got so many fixed, where Little Thunder, here, comes from.  The manager/owner gives out my number, when cats badly need fixed.  That's how she ended  up calling me.

Anyhow, when I got home, not long after, the Clover Ridge colony man arrived to pick up traps.  I told them to catch as many as they could.  They are anxious to get their colony fixed.  Five were fixed last Monday from their colony.  As of last night, they'd caught five more and will keep at it today.   They too were happy to get spots.

So far I guess we have 8 going--the five Albany cats, the Sweet Home girl, and the Foster boys.  Had hoped the Harrisburg lady would catch the mom of the kittens fixed last week, but so far she hasn't.

Christmas lights look so eery through the fog. Tomorrow its back to rain.

Here are, for my records, photos of the nine cats fixed Friday up at the FCCO:

First the older litter, from the now fixed female who showed up at their place:

There are five in the older litter--four females and one male.  Three of the females and the male were fixed Friday.  The fourth female will be fixed tomorrow.




This is the only boy in the older litter

The younger litter, the mom cats last litter, since she had the second litter they got her fixed, is composed of six siblings.   We caught five of the six.  Four of those are boys with only one girl.   I bet the one we didn't catch is another girl.





This is the only girl of the five caught so far of the younger litter.

Well tomorrow is another day and we should get in at least 8 to be fixed on the last day of my December appointments.


5 comments:

  1. WONDERFUL news about your extra appointments. And of course the one you did not catch will be a girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You make every day brighter for so many kitties and the people who care. ~hugs~ Thanks for all you do and be safe, my dear.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's looking like a nice wrap up to the year. The cats so often look quite relaxed within the confines of a cage.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We had rain and fog all day, too. However, I had to work all day, so it didn't bother me too much. Yay, for extra appointments!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So great to get more fixed. That's quite the group you've gotten fixed already.

    ReplyDelete

Last Trip to Lake?

 I went to the lake yesterday.  It was supposed to get up to near 80 by late afternoon.  I checked the reservoir level first, to make sure I...