Sunday, October 01, 2023

On the Road Again

 My car is back on the road again.   

My Lebanon friend and her fiance came yesterday morning, before noon and he checked to be sure I didn't need a valve cover gasket replaced, which I didn't.   He left me the one they bought just in case, however, which I thought was very kind.   Now I have it for when it does go south.

It was just the one ignition coil bad.   Which is a five minute repair, literally.

Now I can hear that idle purr again, like a contented cat.   And that fearsome roaring power of a four cylinder.  Ha.  Just kidding.

I took ten cases of wet food I'd bought at the overstock ladies place, when I went to Waterloo.  She paid me what I had paid for those and since I had paid out of pocket for the last 15 cases, this was a good thing and she needed the cat food.   

She and her sons have been remodeling their tiny bathroom, doing all the work themselves to be able to afford it.   Despite the chaos of that, she's got a Siamese mom with her two tiny kittens in a cubby hole in the kitchen, using a suitcase for them as a bed.  She has a big heart but a very tiny house.  This was to save the mom, very pregnant when she took her, and two older teens from same mom's last litter, from being dumped.  They came from one neighbor. The other neighbor died, and there were kittens and a mom in the overgrown trash filled backyard.  I trapped three of the kittens yesterday.

I have five spots Monday and the two older teens from the tame Siamese mom will go be fixed, plus a male who showed up and two of the three kittens I caught.

I caught three kittens as an insurance in case the male doesn't show up tomorrow to be contained.  Here's the tame Siamese with her two surviving kittens.  She's been trying to find a rescue to take the mom and little kittens, plus the two older teens, as all are tame and sweet.  No luck so far.


Here's where I was drop trapping for the kittens outside the back fence of the neighbor who died.  Inside the fenced yard, it is overgrown with brush and also had been used to dump trash, so there was no trapping them in what used to be a yard.  I caught the little torbi girl, the black tux and the Siamese.  Like I say, only have five spots Monday.  There is allegedly a second Siamese kitten, then the black kitten and the mom, who may also be black, I'm told, who I need to trap to be fixed too.  Sure I wish I had somewhere they could go after they are fixed, but I don't.  Except I think my WA friend, who adopted a Siamese kitten from same place in July, from a litter born to a female kitty dumped in the park, might take this latest Siamese kitten I caught too.






Here is the little Siamese kitten she adopted back in July, after I took took all six from that litter plus their mom, to be fixed at the FCCO.
These were two of the six kittens I caught at same place in July, before they went up to be fixed at FCCO.  I also drop trapped them.  My WA friends adopted the Siamese girl and named her Chiyo.  They tamed her fast!  Chiyo's mom was dumped pregnant in the park along with her brother.  The mom migrated up and over the dike trail to residential to find a refuge to safely birth her kittens.  A Lebanon woman took in her brother after I took him to be fixed.

Here is Chiyo now--tame, playful and full of herself!   Midori just sent me this photo last night.

This latest little kitten would be very very lucky if they do adopt her or him.  Here's a photo of the Siamese from today, now in my garage:



That was yesterday, delivering all that cat food and three carriers to the Waterloo lady.  The three carriers are for her to contain the three cats who I will pick up from her today, the latest strays.  And drop trapping three of the kittens.   

Being on the road again, so quickly, with my car back to running, is GREAT!


11 comments:

  1. Nothing like a purring cat or a purring car. Glad you're back on the road again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Both a purring cat and a purring car are life essentials.

      Delete
  2. How adorable! Other than the endless string of scumbag humans dumping animals and those three kittens who didn't survive, this is a wonderful post. Thank you, thank you, thank you, to you and all the kind folks out there. Hugs, my dear.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am thrilled for you that your car was fixed so quickly and easily. Love the furry cuties too. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great news about your car. Things break. It's nice when the fix is easy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, things break and more often so when they're getting older. Like us.

      Delete
  5. Successfully doing what you do best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Probably to my grave....hopefully be cremated and buried in a cat trap somewhere. Lol.

      Delete
  6. I'm thrilled that your car was such an easy fix. And I always enjoy seeing cat photos.

    ReplyDelete

Sunday

 Sunday I was so slow getting going after the late night Saturday. But after cleaning litterboxes, giving KMR to kittens, feeding the ferals...