Monday, September 25, 2023

All Lebanon Teens Caught

 All five Lebanon teens are currently residing in my bathroom.  

Only four of them still need fixed but it wasn't fair to leave the one out there alone, so she's here too.

I caught the first unfixed one Sunday morning.  But the tenants caught the other four that evening.  They called me ecstatic after catching three under the drop trap.  I headed straight over to transfer them out to live traps, which can be tricky, if you haven't done it before.  The last teen, one that wasn't fixed yet, was running around upset at the disappearance of his siblings, crying loudly.   

These are the mom and kittens before even mom was fixed.  She was fixed first, on August 7, then one of the kittens, the black tux girl, on left was fixed August 23.  She was over two months old then  So these kittens now are close to 4 months of age.   Mom now is in a new home.  The kittens are pretty wild.

Mustachio, the one I caught Sunday morning.

The other unfixed black and white.

This is the darling little girl, fixed a few weeks ago.

One of the two tabby on whites

Last one caught


I just parked my car and the tenants, in party mode, eating pizza and enjoying the process, sat in chairs behind the parked cars, wasn't raining then, to encourage and even herd the scared little guy.  I was busy answering a message from one of them, sitting in my car with the other three in traps in the back, when the trap drop slammed down.  At first I thought an adult cat had knocked it over, but they'd caught the little guy.  I transferred him to a live trap then tenants helped me dismantle and fold up the drop trap.

Done!  These are the last unfixed cats around the complex this time around.  Nice, eh?  To catch all of them.   We wanted to get it done early knowing it would be raining even harder the rest of the week.

We were all very happy and right on cue, the rain began to pound down.   It rained hard most of last night and much of today.  I think we may get a break from it Thursday evening, for three days maybe.  But it won't be warm those three days.  We went straight from summer to winter.   Maybe we will get a taste of fall still, who knows.

A local animal transport nonprofit agreed to transport them up and back from the clinic Thursday.  This is a huge relief on me, since I had already promised out to a short cat sitting gig, from Wednesday evening thru Friday.  I can't very well be in two places at once.  I like cat sitting for these folks because they have all kinds of TV channels and I can watch anything I've wanted to watch but can't.   I love it.  I also think highly of the cats owners.  Have known them a long time.  

So anyhow, its good to have caught the teens.  It's a little difficult to have them all in my bathroom, but I set up my camp bathroom in the garage, so they can have some peace and quiet.   It's only three days.  I can put up with almost anything for that short of time.

Besides its pouring outside off and on.  I hope the lady who got 19 spots at the FCCO on the 6th, for all these kittens she has from various mothers near her, gets them all rounded up.  I did trap three teens at the complex next to her over a week ago, two of whom will go to be fixed, since I already got one of them fixed.  They are wild things.  I will try to catch two more mothers at the next door complex to go along with them.  One of the mothers had three kittens still out there, whom we also hope to catch but she doesn't have enough spots to also get them done.  Anyhow, would be so great if she can fill all 19 of her spots.  I'm scheduled to do that transport and to try to catch the black female and a calico at the complex.  



12 comments:

  1. WELL DONE. And enjoy your little taste of luxury while cat sitting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's nice to hear of some good people who are co-operative and helpful.
    What is this rain thing you talk about? I think we entering a time of drought.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. An atmospheric river event I'm told. Might end by tomorrow night or Thursday maybe.

      Delete
  3. Congratulations on getting all the cats at that complex. It's seems like an impossible job to accomplish, but if anyone can do it, it's you. Enjoy your cat sitting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. All this news makes me very happy. :D Aside from the rain, it seems you are get some of the good karma you deserve. ~hugs~ And I'm glad I read your answer to Andrew. I've never heard of such a thing. Stay safe and dry, my dear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We used to call the drenching rain events, like extended monsoons, The Pineapple Express, but now for whatever reason, they're called atmospheric river events. Anyhow, its been very wet and tonight, later on, and morning, we're supposed to be wind gusted too. Great. Maybe no rain on the weekend, but low 60's way below normal for just the beginning of fall.

      Delete
    2. The Pineapple Express makes me think of Spongebob Squarepants. lol And yet I never watched the cartoon until they came out with a Halloween episode.

      Delete
    3. I've never seen sponge bob cartoons.

      Delete
  5. Yay for catching all the teens. And I'm glad to hear you didn't leave the one out there all alone. That would have been very upsetting for them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are not that happy in the bathroom, that's for sure. But only one more day....at least and we will all be back to normal again.

      Delete

Sun Coming

 Sun is supposed to come to us finally here in Oregon.   It's been pouring last few days, today included. At first, the weather stations...