Sunday, June 04, 2023

Allergies or Spring Cold?

 I don't know what I came down with yesterday, but but my nose runs runs runs and I sneeze sneeze sneeze.  It's probably allergies.  The pollen count is over the roof, so to speak here.

Drip drip drip, goes my nose.   Snuffle snuffle snuffle sneeze.

My younger brother has "hay fever" so badly he can't really visit the mid valley during the spring or even the summer.  Drives him nuts.   Further making me believe its allergies, not a cold, my nose itches like crazy.

I relented finally an hour ago and took an antihistamine.

I try to stay off them til the latest time in spring, until I'm miserable.  What an idiot to not just take them when it starts.

I have five spots Monday.   When I made the appointments I didn't know then it was going to cost my nonprofit $250.  Well it is, since they suddenly without warning, which is what suddenly means I suppose, decided to start charging, making money of us nobodies with nothing.   Oh brother.  I will bury my resentment and sorrow over it all.   Bury it deep.

I called the Waterloo residential lady Friday, to tell her I could only give her one spot and to get the big male.  We'd already discussed it.  She said she didn't need a carrier to put him in, that she had three and she'd get him in the evening yesterday.

Well evening came and went, darkness filled out light spots left of twilight and nothing from her saying she was ready for me to come get him.  I'd texted her again too.  Finally I called her.   Oh, she says, I never saw your text.  My text? I say.  We talked about this yesterday.   Oh, I don't have a carrier, she says.  Oh, I say, you said you have three.  Well, she says, they're in storage.   My face, here at home, was blank, in confusion. I was saying to myself "oh brother". My eyes were rolling.  Par for the course.  I put a carrier in the car and drove over, arriving after 11:00 p.m., got the cat, who thankfully was still around and came home.   

The Sweet Home colony folk caught two more.  There are still four more adults needing fixed there however.   Plus any kittens that come out of the berry vines eventually.

They caught a big huge fighting male they've named Scarface and the calico girl who had three kittens she didn't nurse who all died.  It had been her first litter.

The other two going are one from between Brownsville and Sweet Home.  She said three more cats suddenly showed up on her property but so far, she's just caught the one, a boy.

And the fifth is one of three a Brownsville lady rescued.  One of the three has kittens.  She has the other two in her garage until they can be fixed somewhere.  So one of those two will get done also tomorrow.  Both people are supposed to bring them here at 6:00 this evening.  I have the Waterloo boy, who should have been fixed years ago, and the two from the Sweet Home colony.

Muffy is doing fine a week after her big dental.





11 comments:

  1. Huge sigh at the Waterloo lady. And the extra expense.
    I am thrilled that Muffy is doing so well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Waterloo lady is a character.

      Delete
  2. People can be so frustrating yet I think the woman you mention is just stupid. Difficulties with people and difficulties with 'charities'.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Who knows, Andrew, just reinforces if you want something done, do it yourself I guess.

      Delete
  3. Last week, my allergies were actually a cold. But it wasn't too bad as far as colds can go. Now back to a normal runny nose and itchy eyes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I think I have a mild cold, as I got a sore throat before the burst of sneezing and coughing, but hopefully it will remain mild and it is combined with allergies too.

      Delete
  4. It's awful that they changed the paying rules at the last minute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes its despicable behavior. Today, dropping off cats, they made that hard on the wild cat folks too, allowing the dogs to register first, telling us we're last now, from here on. We have to wait on the dogs to check in. Three dogs I think, took almost 45 minutes to check in, making the wild cat folks wait and wait. It will be the same with check out. I don't feel they want us there and are treating us like the shit of the earth.

      Delete
  5. I wonder why they changed so suddenly. It's almost as if they want the state overrun with feral kittens.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's almost as if they got some great idea, to make us their fund raisers, knowing us diehards would do our best to try to raise the money, to continue, giving them a HUGE boost in funds. One trapper said we're suckers, the money pool for the richest animal organization in Oregon, who pay their top people hundreds of thousands in salaries. I have to agree. We may be their laughing stock. We're not in this together here in Oregon. Some groups rake it in and have high lifestyles off the unwanted suffering cats and kittens of Oregon and others suffer and sacrifice to try to help them. It's a dilemma I'll tell you, to know whether to continue.

      Delete
    2. Some humans need to be weeded out. Grrr... Thank you for struggling on, my dear.

      Delete

Five Cats Fixed Yesterday

 Two Liliths from two towns were fixed yesterday.  Coincidence?  I guess. This Lilith is from Lebanon and was left behind by her people at a...