Monday, April 03, 2023

Five More and Hints of Snow

 Last night, I was surprised to hear on the news we could have snow again this morning, mixed in the rain.

Great.   

Tomorrow morning too.

The Lebanon folk caught only two more black boys Saturday and Sunday.  The weather was far from trapping cooperative, with tons of rain and wind.  Still, they may have had more luck had they not committed the cardinal sin of trapping--they left one big black male sitting out front in a trap for a couple of hours.  The adult daughter had gone off grocery shopping.  The other two black ones they wanted to catch saw this and got spooked.  

With only two caught from the Lebanon place, although five were fixed from there last week, I turned to the four gas station offshoot cats, to get them done and fill the five spots.  Among those, born to the mom cat living behind the station, three were girls.  So I got those girls, all three, now living with the families of two employees from the station.  One of them, Fiona, sure has a temper.  

The lady brought two of them in cardboard put together carriers, which the cats had shredded and escaped from twice already on her drive to where we met--at their former home--the gas station.  I carefully threaded a trap I had in my car through her car door and she somehow got both into it from those useless box carriers.

So....all five spots are filled, two from the Lebanon location and three more gas station affiliated cats.

The black boy from the Lebanon location has been wandering my bathroom.  He's half tame and I thought per chance, it was a girl, let him out of the trap to check his sex, realized its a boy and just let him roam the bathroom, which is a lot more comfortable than staying in a trap.  He's young and has stinky male pee, which irritates my long suffering cats.  Why they put up with me hauling in and out all these unknown cats---well I love them for it.   My cats are awesome!

The bathroom will get a thorough cleaning today, after I take the cats up. To get as much of his smell out as possible before I open it back up to my crew.

They call this one Baby Black.  I call him Bathroom Boy (for now)



This is the big black male Ebony who I think has Entropian

Ginger, a very sweet little girl

Fiona, with the temper issue.  A former gas station girl

Annetke

Well that's it for this morning.  I went to bed so early last night, here I am up at 3:30 and that's with a full nights sleep.  I just got bored last night and went to bed really early.

10 comments:

  1. I usually go bed between 9 and 10.
    Coffee is on and stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Male cat piddle does stink. Badly. Good luck in getting the last remnants removed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think it's just you. It seems so many people have been going to bed early lately. Me, included. I guess we all need the rest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, turns out my dreams are far more interesting than my current real life. Now that's a statement.

      Delete
  4. Although it's not unheard of here to have snow in April (or even May), it's no fun. I hope you have some sustained spring weather soon. I had to look entropian up. How do they treat it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nip and tuck surgery! Just kidding, but really, they flip the eyelashes out with a nip and tuck type operation. Make a slit a bit down, and use stitches to then pull the eyelash down and out. They only charged $25 to do both eyes. I was stunned. Happy stunned.

      Delete
  5. Cleaning the bathroom, once again, with some good work done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't mind cleaning. I rather like it in fact.

      Delete
  6. I wish I enjoyed cleaning. lol But what a lovely crew of rescues. Be well, my dear.

    ReplyDelete

Green Peter Drawdown Video

  A video made about the Green Peter reservoir drawdown.  Will it help at all?   I don't know.