Friday, March 24, 2023

Spring?


 The Coast Range and Cascades are getting a lot of snow.  Here in the valley---sloppy wet splatting snow with rain in it.  The video was taken on slo mo, so you could see the snow.  It was so full of moisture, it came down like rain.

More tonight I suppose.   No sunglasses today.  In fact I'm getting out my rose colored glasses cause this is too depressing. 

Right after I posted this the bird lady called.  One of her cats was limping and she asked if I could take him to her vet.  

I went over to her place, put him in my carrier and took him out to her vet, for a work in appointment.  I didn't have to wait more than half hour.  The vet, an older man well known in the community, beloved by many, who has sold the clinic, and new owners will take it over later this spring, carefully gave him a full exam.   Because I had no idea which leg was affected he finally felt each leg and I think maybe was feeling for heat.   He determined it was likely the left front leg and probably he had been bitten by another cat.  There's a big black male, comes at night, Bird Lady says, not fixed, at her place.  He gave Kid, the kitty, a convenia injection and I took him back home, where he was ever so happy to be again.

I had thought he might have a heart attack at the vets he was breathing so fast.



6 comments:

  1. The cold will subside eventually. I mean, it has to, right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmmm, not sure if it has to. I would hope so.

      Delete
  2. I rarely see snow falling so I loved the video. I feel for you though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let me know if your rose colored glasses work. I may get myself some. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do brighten things up considerably. They should sell them more places for winter.

      Delete

Green Peter Drawdown Film

  A film made about the Green Peter reservoir drawdown.