Saturday, March 25, 2023

Easiest Cat Round Up

 What could be easier?   I took the Lebanon people, a mother and adult daughter, a trap to feed in, to prepare the cats they feed to be trapped.   The cats are a mom and four teenagers, one of whom is tame enough (to them) to come in the house sometimes.

They fed in the trap (miracles happen).   

But when I arrived this morning, to start catching them, they proudly pointed to a large carrier, in which were the three wilder teens.  How'd they manage that?  The adult daughter is really really good with cats and they're half tame to her.   The fourth teen will come here tomorrow, the one that is much tamer.

We did have to trap mom cat.  She wouldn't come on the porch until a big black unfixed male finally left.   He needs fixed too, along with two other black wild teens, but have only five spots, and first up is this mom and her four teens from last litter.

So mom is in a trap in my bathroom, and I let the teens out of the carrier to free roam it, not realizing how wild they really are.   Oh well, I'll corral them for the Monday appointments.  Good thing I didn't let mom out.  She's famished and eating everything I put in the trap for her.  Good sign she's probably pregnant.

How's that for an easy cat round up?   I thought I'd be there a couple hours, and instead I was there under 20 minutes.

Wild hungry mom

Two of the teens.  They think both are girls but I didn't look

This teen left the carrier briefly once in my bathroom but now is back in it, huddled with his siblings.  Hey buddy, you're fine.  Relax.  Enjoy the toys.

There was no more slushy snow here this morning.  At least there's that.

The terrible tornadoes down south were enough bad weather for the country last night.

14 comments:

  1. What a wonderful round up. I wish all of them could be that simple - and that other people were that helpful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, EC. They really want it done, so they made sure. They didn't lay it on me to do it all. I don't encounter that so much.

      Delete
  2. You encountered some sensible people for a change.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. So do you! Thanks!

      Delete
    2. No, I don't, unless at a rock concert. lol

      Delete
  4. You deserve to have an easy day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The two teens are nice looking cat.
    Coffee is on and stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are nice looking. While mom, now in a large trap, is calm and eating everything in sight, the kids huddle around her trap and refuse to eat. Oh well, tomorrow its all over for them, getting fixed in the morning, all of them, plus the fourth teen, whom I pick up this afternoon.

      Delete
  6. How nice. You needed an easy round up for a change.

    ReplyDelete

Trip to Beach

 My Lebanon friend who gets so carsick, said she was going to the coast yesterday, did I want to go too. Of course I did.  She has to drive ...