Wednesday, September 21, 2022

Lousy Cold

 Darn cold congestion came back, with coughing at night as the drainage turns to post nasal drip.

On the up side, the coughing is tightening my butt and stomach muscles, as they get such a good workout.

Gotta look on the upside.

It's not that bad, just complaining.

I returned the Siamese girl to her home turf yesterday mid morning.   Her kittens will be fixed tomorrow.   

I returned two of the local colony cats last night, with the feeder man walking the one girl, Fifi, back to her mates.   

I'm only holding five extras now.  The three in the cage together, two kittens and an adult torti, have been eating me out of house and home.   Two or three cans of wet twice a day!   I don't mind giving them all they want.   

They are good looking kitties!  They also use the litter box like champs.




Yesterday I slept most of the day, to hopefully aid in cold healing speed.  I thought it was gone fast, over the weekend, but its back now.  I did quite a lot this weekend, but I don't regret doing any of it.

Today will be another quiet day at home.   I have no temp, no covid, no nothing except for the running nose.  But if I go out in public with a running nose, its like people think you're actively trying to kill them, with some deadly virus.  I've only been in a store once since getting the cold and wore a mask in shame over having a cold.  (and so other people won't get it)  Yes, I badly need some groceries by now but that's life.

Taking care of five extra cats is enough work for me anyway, along with all my oldies but goldies, one of whom is intent on sending me to the floor the way he winds around my feet mornings.  I can keep exceptionally busy just at home, cleaning litter boxes, mopping floors, doing laundry.   I do like to escape my cats' judgemental stares sometimes and see members of my own species.   I don't think that's wrong.  




10 comments:

  1. Anonymous3:35 PM

    Cats do so often look judgemental.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel inadequate around them. Like I should do better. Not sure at what, just that I'm not living up to their idea of what I should be.

      Delete
  2. You do such good work, in your home and the surrounding areas. ~hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you feel better soon. Colds suck. I wonder, will those kitties get adopted or will you take them back where you found them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they do suck and yes all five will return to where they came from. I tried to find anyone willing to foster and tame the younger pair of kittens but no luck and they are quite wild too. Shelters and rescues around here are still badly overwhelmed in unwanted tame cats and kittens right now. Pretty darn sad.

      Delete
  4. They are good looking kitties - and using the litter box is a definite bonus - even if they do require cleaning.
    I hope your cold gives up. And no, it is NOT wrong to occasionally want to get away from the judgement of the cats (and they ARE judgemental) and see people. Hopefully nice people.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't had the gall to go see people in person, afraid I'll break out in nose running or coughing, but I will soon and just going for a drive yesterday was nice, to get out and away from my demanding clan.

      Delete
  5. Although colds don't usually make you that sick, they sure can make you miserable. Hope you see improvement soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't feel sick at all and by this morning, when I'm about to drive the five to the clinic in Portland, am not as nose runny. It's more annoying than anything.

      Delete

Trip to Beach

 My Lebanon friend who gets so carsick, said she was going to the coast yesterday, did I want to go too. Of course I did.  She has to drive ...