Saturday, September 24, 2022

Last Lake

 I made a last minute trip to the lake today. 

Didn't leave until 2:00 p.m. and was home by 5:30 p.m.

I paddled across the arm the boat ramp is on, then, instead of going down the side of the north arm, towards the second bridge, I paddled straight across the lake.  That's because of the wind.  I thought to myself 'I don't want to paddle back up the north side of the lake against the wind again'.  What a wuss I've become.  So instead I paddled straight across the lake, so the waves created by wind from west to east could help me paddle back.  Which they did.

There were a few motor boats out, one or two jet skiis and lots and lots of paddle boarders.  I saw a few kayaks too but mostly paddle boards.

I didn't stay long.  I didn't want to overdo it with my cold just over with.  

It was very beautiful.  Happy I went.





Levels were down a couple feet or so was all.   



8 comments:

  1. I am so very glad that you got your outing to this peaceful and beautiful place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous3:15 AM

    Looks great. I am pleased you had a nice paddle. It does look like it is a bit windy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it was windy, white capping at times.

      Delete
  3. You are no wimp. ~nods~ Especially just overcoming an illness, you are smart to not overdo. Best wishes, my dear, and thank you for the awesome photos and video.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a short but nice afternoon. Sometimes just a taste of the water is good enough.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can see why you are glad that you went. The pictures look beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Trip to Beach

 My Lebanon friend who gets so carsick, said she was going to the coast yesterday, did I want to go too. Of course I did.  She has to drive ...