Friday, January 07, 2022

My Beautiful Starry

 My beautiful Starry has gone on.

The vet said she had a lymphoma in her digestive tract, large one, and said they grow fast and there was nothing she could do.

It was a shock to me.   I thought she was just going to have a bad tooth.

I loved Starry.  She was my constant companion.  She slept every night on my pillow and groomed all the other cats.  She was mother to all.

She was about 13 years old is all.  Too young to go.  I will miss her so.

I caught her and her brothers Peko and Nemo way way back, along with their mom.  They were living in a north Albany swamp.  All had giardia and all were unwanted.  It was searing hot when I trapped them, so hot I couldn't even sit in my car to wait on traps.  I remember how rude the people were, who wanted them gone.  How much I ached for those cats then.  

Peko and Nemo got homes.  Nemo's home fell through after two months and they asked me to come get him.  The Salem fucks had kept him in a room alone.  So my sweet lap boy was now feral and never came out of the trauma of the messed up placement.  Starry went to a home but got so stressed her giardia returned and then so was she, to me.  So she and her brother have been here all these years, Nemo turned wild, after those crazy people left him like they did, and Starry tirmed into a sweetheart, who all the cats love, except Slinko.  Slinko and she hated each other because Slinko is a bully.

The loss won't only affect me.  Her best friends here were Slurpy, Tugs and Jenny, although pretty much all the cats loved her.

Except Slinko.

I saw that she was failing rapidly.   Her weight loss had accelerated and she had this far away look in her eyes, like she was somewhere else already.   I kind of knew something terrible was going on but held out optimism it was just a bad tooth.

My precious Starry, so long.  You will be in my heart til I too pass on.

Nemo and  Starry when they were little


Miss Daisy, Slurpy and Starry---the three amigas.


This video from long ago has Starry, Nemo, the black tux, and even Peko, the third sibling.  Peko is medium hair orange and white.  They had such fun here.  We all did.


16 comments:

  1. Im so sorry! What a pretty kitty!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes she was a very beautiful kitty especially where it mattered, on the inside.

      Delete
  2. I am so very, very sorry to read this. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:38 AM

    Sorry about Starry. She was not the most beautiful cat but clearly quite wonderful. It's a good fun video clip.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You and I have different ideas of beauty I believe.

      Delete
    2. Are we looking at the same image(s), Andrew?

      ~scratches head~

      I love the image of your dear departed Miss Daisy and Slurpy with her. ~hugs~ The story about those a-holes is infuriating. I sure hope Peko is living the good life. It's too bad that siblings, adoptable or not, ever get separated.

      Delete
    3. I love that photo too, Darla. Slurpy is still with us here but she's elderly too.

      Delete
  4. Damn, I'm so sorry. Never easy to lost one, especially when you didn't see it coming. [[virtual hugs]] to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a nice tribute to Starry. I enjoyed seeing the video of her and the other cats jumping. So sorry she's gone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry she's gone too, big hole here without her. Jenny is very very sad over it. They were very close and Starry groomed her every night.

      Delete
  6. This was a beautiful, touching, and well-written account.

    "I remember how rude the people were, who wanted them gone."

    I think that if people treat four-legged creatures that way, they probably don't treat two-legged ones much better. Maybe you have different view about this, but I very much doubt that callousness ever stands alone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, you are right, it doesn't.

      Delete

Ten Extras

 I have ten extra cats in my garage. Nine are in traps, just brought over from the Scravel colony.    They are almost all orange tabbies, wi...