Wednesday, January 12, 2022

Boys in Motion

 Boomer is gone now.  He was one of the bathroom boys.   

All three went to be fixed yesterday, way up in McMinnville.  Two returned after being neutered--Batman and Oliver, but someone is picking them up today, before noon, another rescue taking them.  Boomer went to a home.

I took my car to the shop yesterday, to get the new belts and I picked it up last night.  Runs great now.  It had been screeching like a cat in heat.

I was sick a few days, stomach bug, really icky but didn't last too long.  I don't know if it was food poisoning, which is probable since it was sudden onset, or some virus.  I heard a couple stomach viruses are going around.   A few people told me they had it or friends of theirs did.

Other than that, not much going on, really.  I've been trying to work on the cat yard when I can.  The ten foot maple stump is rotted.  I took down the ramp that ran up to the lair at the top and also the shelf for the cats  to sleep on at the top of the stump.  They're going to miss that perch but a huge chunk of the stump fell out, of the middle, rotten.  I've got to find someone with a chain saw to cut what's left of it down and up into pieces.

Batman, one of the boys leaving finally today





13 comments:

  1. I am glad that Boomer has a home and hope that one can be found for the other beautiful boys.
    Sigh at the tummy bug - which I hope is now completely gone. And hooray for a screechless car.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are such sweet boys. A Portland rescue came and took them yesterday morning, along with four formerly wild kittes from LEbanon. That lady, who had the kittens, met the rescue lady here too. The rescue lady was very professional and organized, was impressive.

      Delete
  2. Anonymous2:18 PM

    Another three have gone through the process to make their lives better. I would have called him Batman too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The name fits and was given him by the folks who once owned him, out in the house of 30 cats. Whatever went on out there, they must have really loved their cats. The cats seem so healthy and well adjusted.

      Delete
  3. Stomach bugs are the worst. I'm glad you're recovering.
    Listen to that purring. That's one happy kitty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, most symptoms had vanished by Tuesday. But stomach still a bit rumbly, back to eating though. Alas. Lol.

      Delete
  4. Last Sunday I woke with some type of crud, it actual made me dizzy. It didn't last long.
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my, it was Sunday mine started up.

      Delete
  5. Anonymous6:30 PM

    Test

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous9:12 PM

    Something to do with it being verification day so my comment won't work for your next post, so here it is:
    The Spotted Towhee is an attractive little bird.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. verification day? Very attractive bird, quite a bully bird to the smaller birds. Stand out colors I thought would make them very easy prey. But they're so bold (or stupid). I've seen them dart in to grab cat food pieces between a cats feet.

      Delete
  7. Those happy whiskers in the video made me go 'Awww...'

    Best wishes to all these doll babies and you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The two boys remaining left Wednesday. They're great boys and no doubt will get good homes.

      Delete

Sunday

 Sunday I was so slow getting going after the late night Saturday. But after cleaning litterboxes, giving KMR to kittens, feeding the ferals...