Friday, December 03, 2021

Friday Five

 What's with the weather I wonder.   Been up to over 60 some days this week, with sun.  Shirt sleeve weather.  When our rain comes, we get it in torrents for a day or two, like inches in a day or two.   Ah, whtatever.  I'm old.  I don't care.

I took my drop trap out to the barn, where the mom and kittens are living.  Same barn where the cat caught, thought to be mom of kittens, was actually already fixed, with microchip.  She's back with her owners.   So this time, yeah, we caught the real mom of the kittens and all four kittens.  Only three of them were fixed today.  They're about 3 months old.   

They have a friend who wants to socialize the kittens, so go ahead!   Great!   The two girls will go there tonight.  Ruffles and Truffles.  They are darling.   Peewee, the orange tabby boy fixed today, along with his brother, who just was trapped this morning, will go join their sisters Monday night, after the unfixed boy is fixed on Monday.   Meanwhile, mom goes back to her barn tomorrow.   

The fifth cat who went up was from the quarry colony at a Sweet Home homeless camp.  I tried for an hour to catch the new show long hair tabby, without any luck.  It was warm, and the cats were sleeping in the sun.   They relinquished the Siamese mom cats two black long hair kittens.  I played with them in my bathroom awhile before, late evening, took them to Keitha's Kitties.  Their mom, the Siamese, was fixed today and I'll make the trek up there with her tomorrow.

Giesha, mom cat, fixed today


Giesha's kitten, one of two lookalikes, now with Keitha's Kitties


Big Mama, the real barn cat mom, spayed today

Big Mama again

Peewee, one of Big Mama's four kittens, neutered today

Ruffles, a darling long hair brown tabby girl kitten.  She and her sister Truffles already went to barn cat owners friend who will socialize these darlings

Truffles, the other darling long hair girl kitten spayed today

So that was my day.  The two girl kittens went home, but I have the two boy kittens, one fixed, one not fixed yet, plus their mom still  here plus Giesha, the Sweet Home mom.  The two moms will go home tomorrow, but the boys will be with me til Monday.

Tomorrow I'm putting up my fake tree after I get as much of Gigi's hair out of it.  She sleeps in the rafters in the fake tree a lot and has long hair.  She belongs to the neighbors who live behind me.   So I'll cat hair comb the Christmas tree and slap it up, tie in three directions and hope it survives yet another year.

I got my lights outside up!


13 comments:

  1. Those two fluffy black boys won my heart today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I could take them on a nice long plane ride south to say, Canberra, and deliver them to you two, for Christmas! Jazz would hate me.

      Delete
  2. PS: I showed the two black beauties to my partner - who said 'aren't they cute. You would want to take them as a pair - even if you couldn't tell them apart.'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You would want them as a paired set.

      Delete
    2. Jazz WOULD hate you. We wouldn't.

      Delete
  3. Anonymous1:28 AM

    Big Mama looks...big.

    I hope someone sees your tree and compliments you for your effort.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be nice. Won't be getting it from the cats. They're so judgemental.

      Delete
  4. Your lights are very pretty. Are those multicolored icicle lights? I don't think I've seen multicolored ones before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they are, I love them. They've been around a few years, and still work. I did need a lengthy amount of time for the untangling this year.

      Delete
  5. I hope to hit Christmas deco tomorrow afternoon. Hubby and I pulled down the snowman collection.
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah, the Snowman collection. That's a classic. Can't wait to see it displayed on your blog.

      Delete
  6. All these comments and your responses made me giggle. Bless you, my dear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to make you giggle. Giggling is good.

      Delete

Trip to Beach

 My Lebanon friend who gets so carsick, said she was going to the coast yesterday, did I want to go too. Of course I did.  She has to drive ...