Saturday, October 02, 2021

Cats in Trouble Everywhere

 Oh my, what a weekend already.   

The camp host from the park called that campers had found an injured black male.  I knew it was likely the one abandoned by the homeless campers from Alaska.  They left behind two boys, both unfixed.  I hadn't seen either of them.   

I went up this morning, after failing to find any rescue who could take him on.  Allegedly the camp host called Safehaven, who said they couldn't take him.   Everyone is full. 

But when I arrived, the cat wasn't in the box the campers had put out for him.    Oh boy.   I went on home, and wasn't home ten minutes when the camp host said he had him in a dog crate.

Skagway, the injured male.  That foot wound is front and back, like his foot was crushed.  It's bad.  What looks like white on his throat is missing hair from another wound.  He's had it bad since being abandoned by those people.

He was drooling but the white is from KMR he'd just drank too.  He was very thirsty and has probably laid up injured in the brush, unable to find food or water.  It's really terrible what happens to cats left behind by people.  He's not fixed either, another thing that puts him in danger of terrible injury.

He both ate and drank a lot and now is settled in to sleep in a cage in my garage.

Tomorrow I'll take him to the vet in town that's open on the weekends, if they have an opening.

I hope they do.

I have offers to help pay the bill thankfully.

This morning early, I was out at the colony on Knox Butte.  I trapped about 30 cats there 3 years ago.  Now they'd had a white cat with collar show up. That was last April.  Then she had kittens.  Only one survived.  And they had a new male, possibly also tame, arrive.   I caught all three this morning using the drop trap with baby cam on it, so I wouldn't catch other fixed cats.

This boy will be fixed Monday

This darling pair went to Keitha's Kittie Rescue.




Since mom cat is tame and her beautiful white boy kitten was a pushover to tame, thankfully a local rescue took them this evening.  That was right before I headed back to Waterloo to pick up Skagway and also try for that last kitten.  I got the last kitten!!!  I'd built a trap box yesterday, which always helps, and sure enough, the right kitten went in.



That's about it, but isn't that enough!

8 comments:

  1. WELL done.
    I am so glad that you caught the last kitten.
    And really, really hope that the black boy's wounds can be treated.
    As always, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah that foot is a mess, though, and very painful. We shall see what they say at the vet today.

      Delete
  2. Anonymous12:00 AM

    It certainly is enough. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Andrew. Skagway, the black male, is going to the vet at noon today. I was very happy they can get him in.

      Delete
  3. That's definitely enough. You helped so many cats, I could barely keep them all straight. You do amazing and important work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I barely keep them straight so I don't know how a reader would!

      Delete
  4. Well done, indeed. ~hugs~

    ReplyDelete

Sun Coming

 Sun is supposed to come to us finally here in Oregon.   It's been pouring last few days, today included. At first, the weather stations...