Sunday, September 12, 2021

 I should not have said my car is dead, not really.  You just don't know where you'll be when it decides not to start.

Tomorrow it goes to the mechanic.  I don't know how long before he'll get to it, you know, a day, two days, don't know.  Will ask in morning, for time estimate.  I cheated and went a few places with it, and did have to wait around til it would start again.  I remember I cheated too, with the other car, when its starter was going out.  I kept driving it til finally I had to get the starter replaced.  I think the last straw was when it wouldn't start after I stopped at a farm stand.  I was like the only customer there.  Awkward.  And not like I didn't know it might not start again although I pretended.

Anyhow, it will be good to have it fixed so I can extend out my range and maybe catch those kittens at the park before they're ten years old themselves, having by then seriously overpopulated that area once again.

Getting behind on some of these places makes me break out in a cold sweat.

Meanwhile I was looking up the bus that goes between Albany and Sweet Home, just wondering really if I could ever just take the bus to the lake.   I can.  But, it puts me at Foster Mall, which is still a half mile from the westernmost part of the lake, close to the dam, and a mile from Shae Point even, which is a pullout along the highway that overlooks the lake.  You can climb down a gentle slope there to swim, if you are inclined but its not so great a place to swim and neither is the place by the dam, but better than nothing, if say my car breaks down during a nice spell in the summer.  I couldn't take much along, since its the bus-- maybe a change of clothes and a towel, and if I rolled it tight, a floatie, with pump.

A kayak shuttle would be terrific, with pickup points, that ran a few times a day all summer.  If I had the money, I'd start that business.  Not only would it help out us kayakers who can never find parking at the lake but it would reduce traffic at the lake and parking pressures, be a great service!  It would run like a bus service but have only one destination --the lake.  Pickups would be park and rides.  It could be reserved and rented, along with the driver, for further excursions.  It might need subsidized to make affordable.

Well anyhow.   







6 comments:

  1. Good luck with the car.
    And I suspect even your kayaking shuttle service would stop for cats. You couldn't help yourself...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with your car.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your idea about a ride to kayaking destinations. :) Try not to stress too much over mechanical delays. Best wishes, my dear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it would be a good business.

      Delete

End of Warmth

 We had some nice days.   But the heat is gone. We'll be in the 60's again for awhile, with perhaps some drizzle. I love the heat.  ...