Tuesday, January 26, 2021

Pandemic Boredom Syndrome

 I'm incredibly bored lately. 

I call this PBS.  Pandemic Boredom Syndrome.

It has a name because I named it.

This evening, since there's nothing on the two network channels that come in over the antenna, I streamed a movie from Netflix I think it was, maybe it was from somewhere else, called "Carriers". 

Ok, its really really dark.   And now I feel dirtier than ever, infected, like I should wear a mask right now and start scrubbing my skin raw with clorox.

Four teens driving across country, trying to get to the beach, through a pandemic that's killing everyone. Let's see, where have we heard that plot?   Hmmm.  That's right.  Real life.  

 It's billed as about four teens, but its really only about the two brothers.  The girls don't count in this movie.  Remember that, girls, and don't take a drive with guys, because we're baggage, in the pandemic movies.  Men write these wholistic scripts, I'm sure, not women.  Lol.  

It's dark, bleak and depressing.  Don't watch it.   Kind of like today was outside.  Gray, heavy moisture, then pouring rain, wind and finally snow, that quickly melted.  Felt like the end of the world.  Only because of my isolation and the desolation wrought by the virus and the wildfires last summer.  The wildfires of  last summer will make this summer very very bleak, for any sort of recreation. There's nothing to look forward to right now..

The movie before that one I watched yesterday was....ok I can already not recall its name.  That's how memorable it was.   Former drunk hunter, now with some game refuge of some sort, serial killer on the loose hunting young "unwanted" girls (there we go again, women as victims of horrible violence)....etc etc.  Don't watch that movie either.  Yuk.

Finding anything worth watching is quite difficult.

Here's the brief snow encounter of today.


Here's how I spend my evenings now.  This is PBS exhibiting in symptomatic behavior.


LOL.




10 comments:

  1. I don't think I could watch more than a very little of either movie.
    And yes, I have played red dot here today as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Playing with the cats' toys has become a thing with me. I play cat ball toy soccor now. I think I'm getting good, ha. Maybe not as good as the cats yet, but....

      Delete
  2. I think you're going to have to do a bit more research on what to watch on Netflix. It would take me a long time to shake a movie like that. I don't have Netflix, so I can't recommend much. However, I do know that they have, "The Good Place" about the afterlife. It's a quirky, funny series with lots of plot twists about the afterlife.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, no kidding. I love Ted Danson. He's got a new show, The Mayor. It's sort of ok, so far. I watched a few here and there episodes of the Good Place but couldn't figure out what was going on. I should watch from the beginning if I can find it. I don't know if its on Netflix or not but I will check. Thanks for the recommendation.

      Delete
  3. If you have Netflix, watch The Queen's Gambit. It's a good miniseries (seven episodes).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I watched the first part of queen's Gambit, will watch more of it, maybe this weekend.

      Delete
  4. Anonymous2:22 PM

    No cat present to chase the laser dot?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were sleeping and that was the ceiling I was red dotting.

      Delete
  5. The snow flakes peacefull fell from the sky, and....
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did enjoy watching the snow fall.

      Delete

Trip to Beach

 My Lebanon friend who gets so carsick, said she was going to the coast yesterday, did I want to go too. Of course I did.  She has to drive ...