Friday, January 29, 2021

7 Local Cats Fixed

 Today was cat fix day and yesterday was cat pick up/round up day.

Wasn't hard this time.  I had five reservations.  By late afternoon, I had two more reservations gifted me.

I knew I was taking two from a new colony in Albany.  Nice folk.  And I knew I'd be getting two more from the Fry Road group.  What I thought I'd be taking from them, was another teen boy, and the wild female.  But they hadn't caught the wild female and had another boy there needing done.  So I got two boys there.

Yellar and Milo.

Milo, a brown tabby manx boy, fixed today

Yellar, a long hair orange and white boy

Then there was the lady in town here with five unfixed cats who cancelled last week last minute.  She now doesn't want the girls fixed, claims she doesn't believe in abortion and maybe they're pregnant although she doesn't know.  Great.  I did pick up two of her three boys.  The third was off roaming, unfixed, and still hadn't returned by this evening when I returned the other two boys.  Great.

Jasper, gray tabby tux boy, fixed today.

Hermes, spotted brown tabby boy, fixed today.

The Cloverridge colony folk are trapping their own and brought me three.  Two of them they handed over this morning, early, in a parking lot, near the on ramp to the freeway, as they caught one of them early this morning.  Two girls and a boy.  Six or eight more there, they figure, but I gave them all five of my reservations for next Friday.  It's so relieving to find people who will catch their own.  Such a blessing to me.

Sasha is so gorgeous and was spayed today

Heaven, a little gray tabby teen girl

Ember, a sweet little boy

Five of the seven cats are already back with their people.  And get this, the other two will be picked up tomorrow morning by their people.  I don't even have to drive to return them.  Now that is something!   I'm getting spoiled rotten!

Yesterday my brother told me his wife has Covid and they were living on seperate floors of the house.  But today she is fine and I was told she tested negative for Covid but the doctor doesn't trust the rapid tests and had said she could have it so they should be careful so my brother didn't get it.  Who knows?  Life is so strange now.  I am so happy she's fine today.

They live in Idaho where there's a lot of Covid going around.   They have not yet been vaccinated although their daughter, who is under 30 and lives in central Oregon, somehow got hers.  Here where I live, we are one of the worst counties in the state right now, as far as percentage vaccinated.  I have little hope of getting a vaccine before fall now.  

I have no plans for the weekend except cleaning the traps and hanging out with my cats as it pours down rain outside.  


7 comments:

  1. I am really glad that 'some' people are stepping up and doing the right thing. For you and the cats and for covid.
    Others fall into the category I describe as oxygen thieves.
    I hope your sister in laws recovery continues and that your brother doesn't get it. And that the vaccine distribution picks up. Quickly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They don't know for sure she had Covid, and is fine now. She tested negative. I don't know. Seems all is well over there. I would kind of like to find a trapping project, to have something to do.

      Delete
  2. Anonymous10:10 PM

    I suppose all the cat sterilisation places you use know you by name.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Um, no kidding. Even the Portland one.

      Delete
  3. Sounds like you interacted with a range of people this week from the clueless lady who didn't want her female cats fixed to the nice people who caught and picked up the cats.

    I hope your brother and sister-in-law remain well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lately I've basically been picking up cats, no trapping. I do need a big trapping project, to get myself out of the house.

      Delete
  4. Hurray for those few and far between helpers! The fact you want the work puts you in a league way above me. I'm happiest staying home. ~grin~ Take care, my dear, and best wishes to your brother and his wife.

    ReplyDelete

End of Warmth

 We had some nice days.   But the heat is gone. We'll be in the 60's again for awhile, with perhaps some drizzle. I love the heat.  ...